- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colin Cowherd Goes Off On Callers Over Kobe Bryant, Lakers: 'They're Done'
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Controversy Over: Colt McCoy Will Start For Washington Next Week If RGIII Can't Go
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
The IOC Eliminated Wrestling From The 2020 Summer Olympics, So Here’s A List Of Other Former Olympic Sports
Though modern pentathlon appeared to be on the chopping block, the International Olympic Committee plans to cut wrestling from the 2020 summer games. The move comes as a surprise because, well, modern pentathlon, but also because wrestling has been a part of the games since their inception in 1896.
This isn’t the first time the IOC has cut a sport; in fact, throughout the history of the Olympics, plenty of sports have been added and dropped to appease changing cultural practices. And so wrestling now finds itself in a very exclusive resort – the IOC’s discard pile. But the Olympics are all about cooperation and sharing and coitus, so here’s wrestling’s new brotherhood – sports that, over the years, were similarly retired from Olympic duty.
1. Men’s 100m Freestyle For Greek Sailors (Won by Greece)
2. Live Pigeon Shooting
3. Tug Of War
4. Plunge For Distance
5. Solo Synchronized Swimming
7. Club Swinging
8. Town Planning
9. Delivery Van Driving
10. Roller Hockey
11. Obstacle Course Swimming
12. Sculptures and Graphics
13. Military Patrol
15. Cannon Shooting
16. Poodle Fur Trimming
17. Hot Air Ballooning
18. Pistol Dueling (Wax Bullets)
19. Pigeon Racing
20. Equestrian Long Jump/High Jump
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts