- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- A TV Station Confused Nelson Mandela With A-Rod
- Magic Johnson Discussing His Pre-HIV Sex Life With Oprah Is Unnerving
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Woman Banned From Brooklyn Gym For Objecting To Class Named ‘Tough Titsday’
Rule No. 1 in owning a business: if a customer is offended by something you do, and she’s a woman, you say “Sorry, ma’m,” apologize and move on. You do not get into an email war with her. Did you think you were going to win that argument? Poor dope. Sad, really. You must not be married.
A woman who was offended by the name of a Brooklyn gym’s women’s-only fitness class, called ‘Tough Titsday’, was banned by the gym’s male owner after complaining about it.
A female patron of Crossfit South Brooklyn wrote to gym owner David Osorio, saying that she liked the gym, but was offended by the class name ‘Tough Titsday’. After first receiving a reply from a female employee defending the name, the customer, Rachel (no last name given) replied that she was still offended by the name, and could they change it?
So Osorio wrote back this time, all personally offended for some reason, and ended up banning Rachel from the gym. And now he’s taking all kinds of heat for it. Jezebel:
Rachel said she was shocked that Osorio banned her from CrossFit South Brooklyn “because I expressed my opinions and didn’t like the word tits. I even wonder if he would’ve banned a male if he did the same thing.”
Various CrossFit-hating blogs attempt to explain why CrossFit is so creepy; one recent post on “I Hate CrossFit” describes how one might find him or herself “knee deep in the crossfit cult rabbit hole.”
It’s been my experience that gyms come in two types: local independent, which are dirty, distasteful places with dodgy business practices and odd, smelly employees; and corporate, which feature ferns and espresso bars and have employees who meet with you via appointment and are about a month away from becoming car salesmen.
So I built one-hoop basketball court in my backyard to avoid the whole thing.
- Filed Under:
- The Least Classy Fans in Football
- What Will The Bears Do Without Cutler?
- Will Peyton Manning Break Tom Brady's Touchdown Record?
- Video: Alex Ariza on Freddie Roach Incident