Rob Ford’s 7 Funniest Sports Moments
The former Mayor of Toronto, who took the internet by storm four years ago with his zany antics, a public battle with substance abuse and subsequent recovery, passed away Tuesday morning. He was 47.
BREAKING: Family says former Toronto mayor Rob Ford has died at 46 after fighting cancer.
— The Associated Press (@AP) March 22, 2016
Ford will be remembered for a lot of less-than-great stuff, but his very visible affinity for North American professional sports gave him an everyman quality that people really appreciated. His presence at NFL, CFL, NHL, NBA and MLB games was almost as consistent as his inability to avoid hilarious mishaps, which made him seem like a living, breathing cartoon character who was impossible not to love (at times).
His seven most hilarious sports-related moments, below...
7) Politics are a brutal game.
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) November 17, 2013
6) Wore an NFL-themed tie to the press conference where he admitted he had smoke crack cocaine.
RIP Rob Ford and his amazing NFL tie pic.twitter.com/bK2ZSaU3RA
— Ben Volin (@BenVolin) March 22, 2016
5) Everything about this 2016 NBA All-Star Game tweet...
— Rob Ford (@TorontoRobFord) September 30, 2013
4) Sweating his ass off at a Maple Leafs game, probably drunk, while Mayor of the city they play in.
3) That time he absolutely crushed a soccer ball at a child from close range.
2) Walks nuts-first into fire hydrant while celebrating Canada's Olympic hockey gold medal.
1) The one-step drop.
RIP big guy.
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Gaming Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.