3 Mindlessly Simple Tips For Winning at Daily Fantasy Basketball
Now that we’re beyond the daily grind of Daily Fantasy Baseball and we’re over the hump of the midway point of weekly Fantasy Football, everyone is likely getting curious about Daily Fantasy Basketball on sites like FanDuel.
There are several reasons why FanDuel Basketball is a lot different than playing their Baseball or Football games, and we’re going to point those out. We’re also going to share a few helpful tips for winning at Daily Fantasy Basketball.
Some of the major ways Daily Fantasy Basketball is different from the others includes:
- Everyone scores the same way. There’s no passing yards or ERA or extra points or interceptions or home runs. Sure, there are field goals, but only some of them are for three points.
- The slate of games changes dramatically from one day to the next. Right now, people are freaking out about six teams on byes in the NFL, but what if they had 12 teams on byes one night! That’s what happens when there are only three games going in a given night! Then, other times, there are 14 games going on.
- Backups have more value than in other leagues. Considering a sixth man can be huge in the Daily NBA, backups can make a big difference between winning or losing many nights. Backups in the other sports – are still just backups in DFS for the most part.
3 Tips For Winning at Daily Fantasy Basketball
Use these tips for winning on FanDuel cash games, although some of them can also be used in tournaments with guaranteed prize pools.
Use Vegas to Help You Understand Matchups
By looking at the matchups on Vegas Insider, you can get a good idea of what to expect for each game. In games in which one team is favored by more than 10 points, you would probably do well to avoid the superstars for the favored team, since they might end up getting pulled late in the second half.
Know Which Players to Avoid
I don’t want to tell you what not to do – but I’m going to anyway.
Don’t play older players in back-to-back games on the road.
Don’t play anyone playing in a third game in four nights.
Don’t stack players that likely won’t help each other (like a power forward and a center) with assists very much.
Watch For Lineup News in Late Afternoon
Once injured players go out for the shoot around before the game starts, they test their injuries at different speeds, and they try different shots to see what’s working and what’s not. By watching Rotoworld’s NBA headlines, you can see which starters are going to sit for a night, and which backup player are suddenly going to get more minutes than before.
All of this is very important because it could change several things:
- Obviously, the starter loses all value and the backup player’s value increases significantly because of the extra minutes he’ll receive.
- One of the secondary players on the team could be in line to carry the team offensively if their scorer is out. He might already be a starter, but now he’s going to be asked to take more shots or drive to the hole more.
- An opponent might suddenly get a boost in Fantasy value if the player that’s taking a seat was a devil defensively.
These are all things to consider when filling out your FanDuel lineups this season! I shared several other tips for winning at FanDuel Basketball in FanDuel Insider last week.
We hope this trio of tips for winning at Daily Fantasy Basketball puts you on the winning side of all contests!
Victor Opadipo Photo Credit: Layne Murdoch, Getty Images
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Gaming Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.