5 People To Make Side Bets With In The Fantasy Football Playoffs
Let’s face it – there’s only one winner every Fantasy Football season, and the other 11 people are doomed to be called losers for the rest of the year, with oodles of self-doubt and jealousy. So how can we turn that fantasy frown, upside-down? Make a small side bet with the person you happen to be going up against in the first week of the Fantasy playoffs!
There are plenty of evil bets you could do, but to be honest, you have to see these people again next season, and some of them even sooner. So try to be a little evil in a fun way! Plus, if you lose, you don’t want to end up on the bad side of one of these bets.
A Side Bet Versus a Friend
- Facebook Takeover: For a 24-hour period, the winner gets to take over the loser’s Facebook status posts (maybe a 5-post limit?). The key here is that the loser just has to post the status updates, and that he never gives up complete control/password to the winner.
o “I can’t believe I forgot to shower again today.”
o “I don’t understand what the big deal about vagina is.”
o “Sweet! Season 4 of The Gilmore Girls just arrived from Amazon. I know what I’m doing this weekend!”
- Of course, you could always go with the “Slap Bet”
A Side Bet Versus a Co-Worker
- Personal Assistant for a Day: This is sort of like when you made your brother be your slave when you were a kid. Your new personal assistant has to:
o Get you coffee the way you want it
o Get snacks out of the vending machine
o Make your copies
o Clean your keyboard
o Bring your car around at the end of the day
- Mustache for a Month: I always liked this bet because everyone gets to enjoy it and no one really gets hurt.
A Side Bet Versus a Family Member
- The Personal Assistant bet works good here, too. But even better, you can take advantage of him/her when you go to one of the holiday family get-togethers later this month.
o They have to deliver kisses on both cheeks to your visiting aunts.
o They have to get you beers all day.
o Whenever someone mentions their name, they have to bring up how much better you are at Fantasy Football than they are.
- Husband vs. Wife: This is a sure-fire way to get the divorce paperwork started early, but you can be mild and just make it that the loser has to make/buy the winner’s choice for dinner all week. Obviously, there could be some sexual favors involved in there, too. Like one could win and demand crazy sex every day for a week – or one could win and say no sex for a week! I guess it all depends on the couple!
A Side Bet Versus a Hated Rival
- Jersey Swap: The loser has to wear the winner’s favorite team’s jersey for a day.
- I know one friend that lost a bet on the UF/FSU game a few years ago and had to change his license plate to a vanity plate touting the Gators’ awesomeness for one year.
- Fantasy Team Name: Winner gets to rename the loser’s team for all of next Fantasy season.
A Side Bet Versus Someone You’d Like To See Naked Someday
- Loser buys dinner – and obviously, you’re a winner either way in this bet and it’s an easy way to ask a girl out. If he/she immediately says, “Screw that!” then maybe you should set your sights a little lower. Then crush them in Fantasy.
Hopefully, some of these fun side bets will help ease the fact that you’re likely not going to win your Fantasy Football championship. But if you do, then that means you are also the winner of a few awesome side bets!
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Gaming Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.