Whoa, The New ”First Take” Host Is Hot
As much as we hate to see someone else sitting in Cari Champion's chair, we're feeling confident about Molly Qerim's future in the role as "First Take" referee. And while nothing can fully prepare you for Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith's romper room of sports bullshit, the 30-year-old broadcaster has experience dealing with the meatheads over at NFL Network, so she's undoubtedly capable of keeping her composure after someone says something obscenely dumb. Some more info on the show's newest member...
• Qerim is of Albanian and Middle Eastern descent
• She has a masters degree in broadcast journalism from Quinnipiac University (she's from New Haven, CT)
• She previously worked as a host of NFL Network's "NFL Fantasy Live"
• She's hosted the MMA Awards and is one of the first women to cover the sport
• Qerim won an Emmy Award for her work on ESPN's "Fantasy Football Now"
• She's a die-hard New York sports fan (which should be interesting with Stephen A. Smith sitting next to her)
For the record, Cari Champion left to work as a "SportsCenter" anchor because, seriously, how does someone moderate discussions on this show for a sustained period of time?
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Gaming Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.