CAN RYAN GRANT WIN YOU ANOTHER BIG GAME?
These rankings encompass all major positions, and whether you’re in an easy living 10-teamer or ‘My team has no depth’ 14-player league, you’ll find who you’re looking for. I’ll even throw in some lesser known commodities for those in 20-team leagues.
Not only does your league run a full 17 weeks, but you also have to deal with Christmas Day being your day for waiver wire pickups. That either means you’re reading this on the 25th and you’re addicted to Fantasy Football and need to make changes to your roster, or like most people, forgot that Christmas is also the day waivers open up for your league and hence, are reading this article a day late and missing on any players you want.
Seriously, Michael Vick is back on the waivers and he will be a very popular target this week. What more could Vick want than an incredible final game to his terrible year? He could easily pull a Matt Flynn, and some team will come calling.
- Russell Wilson – Besides the fact that he’s still available in a TON of leagues, he just put up 42 points on the 49ers. Nothing else to say.
- Michael Vick – He’s back and it looks like he’s starting in the season finale against the Giants. Why not?
- Ryan Tannehill - The Pats had trouble taking out Chad Henne last week, what’s to say Tannehill won’t be able to do the same?
- Jake Locker - The Titans were terrible last week, there’s no denying out. Still, it’s hard not to like them against the Jags.
- Greg McElroy – Desperate times calls for desperate measures.
I guess Montell Owens isn’t all that bad. If no one grabbed Ryan Grant in your league last Sunday, he’ll probably be the first to come off waivers this week.
- Montell Owens – The third-stringer has not disappointed considering no one had very high expectations for him. The Titans are coming off a beating of a lifetime which leaves Owens with some value.
- Jackie Battle – So much for all that Curtis Brinkley nonsense. Battle had 20 touches last week and should have better numbers against the Raiders in Week 17.
- Mark Ingram - He actually has been solid lately and will likely see a few goal line carries against the Panthers.
- Ryan Grant – Is he back? Doubtful. You still have to like the way he was running last weekend.
- Ben Tate – Did you see the Colts defense last week? Plus, Arian Foster is dealing with some heart problems.
- Jacquizz Rodgers – Are you telling me with the No. 1 seed locked up the Falcons won’t be resting Michael Turner for a good portion of this game? Jason Snelling is an option too.
- Kahlil Bell – With Matt Forte hurting, Bell should see some time out of the backfield.
- Bilal Powell – These last couple weeks are less than comforting, but this is the last week of the season which means the Jets could test him out even further to see what they have for the future.
- Joique Bell – Since Mikel Leshoure likes to fumble, Bell might split snaps with him once again.
- David Wilson – Not the friendliest of games or situations here, but he has shown explosiveness so there’s hope.
- LaMichael James – He’s a stretch, but the 49ers could easily win by 30 in this game.
- Robert Turbin – The Seahawks are playing incredible and Turbin has looked good as a backup.
There’s not much new in the WR department. Two of my top options from last week are back, because well, not a lot of people picked them up.
- Jason Avant – He was up here last week for me and didn’t really disappoint with eight grabs for 70 yards.
- Dwayne Harris – Harris is another repeat offender (on my rankings) who tabbed a TD last weekend. You’re welcome.
- Alshon Jeffery – I don’t care how many catches he has, their RBs are beat up and he’ll get some red zone looks.
- Jacoby Jones – With Anquan Boldin’s status up in the air, Jones could be a factor for the Ravens in a big game.
- Golden Tate – The Rams play tough defense, but that doesn’t really matter when the game is in Seattle.
- Jonathan Baldwin – Where else does Brady Quinn have to go? Oh yeah, Dexter McCluster…
- Brandon LaFell – He’s back from injury and now gets the Saints. Hellllloooooo!
Nothing new here as every TE you can get off the waivers is largely unexciting.
- Dennis Pitta – If Boldin is out, expect an increase in targets.
- Dallas Clark – He’s getting looks and still widely unowned.
- Marcedes Lewis – This doesn’t look great, but how can you hate a tight end against the Titans?
- Lance Kendricks – Did you see his touchdown last week? The dude deserves a spot on this list just because of that.
- Tony Moeaki – There’s always hope.
You better believe all of my defensive recommendations last week did awesome. The Colts and Rams each got a TD while the Panthers only allowed six points. Hopefully those pickups won your matchup.
- Buffalo Bills - Have you watched the Jets offense play this season? There’s your answer. Opponent: Jets
- San Diego Chargers – The Chargers have been a surprisingly solid Fantasy Defense this season, and the Raiders have QB problems at the moment. Opponent: Raiders
- Tennessee Titans – I have a feeling the Titans won’t get beat by 48 points again this week. Opponent: Jaguars
*Stats up-to-date as of Dec. 23
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Gaming Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.