Eight Things Jim Harbaugh May Have Done As First Base Coach For The Tigers Today
It was Game 2 of the Detroit Tigers' Grapefruit League spring schedule in Tampa, and hey, that first base coach looks familiar in a ranting, khaki-wearing college football kind of way. Yep, Jim Harbaugh coached the basepaths for the Brad Asmus' squad today vs. the Pirates, taking time off from ringing the doorbells of 18-year-old recruits ("Anybody home?" "He's at the movies!").
Actually the Wolverines are holding spring workouts in Florida this week.
We have no video, so we don't know how successful he was. But here are some things that probably happened.
* Flies into rage over MLB's new ban on taking out the infielder at second base.
* Instead of singing Take Me Out To The Ballgame during seventh-inning stretch, uses mic to endorse Trump.
* Slaps each new runner at first on the helmet, then on the shoulders. Pinch-runners used: six.
* Is fired after clashing with Mike Ilitch, accepts job coaching first base at Grand Valley State.
* Pre-game entertainment: Harbaugh chasing greased pig.
* Finds 75 cents in loose change, spends entire third inning tracking down owner.
* Post-game entertainment: Harbaugh chasing greased Jed York.
* Who's that in the Tiger mascot suit, waving Ian Kinsler to second? Yep.
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Betting Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.