Morning Links: Udonis Haslem, Weed Enthusiast; Martin Kaymer Wins PGA Championship
While you were sleeping, SportsGrid was up all night watching TV and searching the internet for links to help get your day started. Today, Udonis Haslem is arrested for marijuana possession, Martin Kaymer wins the PGA, and Ron Gardenhire boos himself.
- Udonis Haslem was arrested by the Florida Highway Patrol yesterday for speeding, possessing over 20 grams of marijuana, and having tinted windows. In his defense, there's really no way to smoke weed in your car while speeding unless you have tinted windows.
- Martin Kaymer is your winner of the 2010 PGA Championship, defeating Bubba Watson in a playoff. The real story, of course, is golf's weird, unchanged-since-the-8th-century rules once again taking center stage, and costing Dustin Johnson a shot at the title.
- Minnesota Twins pitcher Kevin Slowey was taken out of a game by manager Ron Gardenhire, even though Slowey had a no-hitter going through seven innings. Said Gardenhire: "I'd boo me too." Remarkably self-aware manager, or skipper with serious self-esteem issues?
- Chris Bosh appeared on Entourage last night, and in his scene offered a bartender $1,000 for a shot. Ah, well aren't we just flashing our brand new Miami Heat money like it's nobody's business?
- Jerry Jones told ESPN Dallas that he recently underwent "major surgery." Jones wouldn't say what the surgery was for, but it likely has to do with the tiny nanomachines in his bloodstream that make him a killing machine.
Photo via. Check back in with SportsGrid all day to satisfy your sports-meets-pop-culture sensibilities.
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Betting Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.