The Madness Continues: You Can Now Bet On Whether The Warriors Will Go Undefeated
It's July, the perfect time to announce with certainty what will happen in the 2016-17 NBA season, which doesn't begin until October. If you're getting carried away with the Lineup Of Death that the Warriors will field with the addition of Kevin Durant, then why not put your money where your mouth is?
The betting site 5Dimes (via Cork Gaines at Business Insider) is taking bets on if the Warriors will go undefeated -- as in 82-0, plus no losses in the playoffs. That's a mighty feat, considering that a 73-win Warriors' team lost to Milwaukee on the road this past season, and barely beat the Bucks at home.
Anyway, here are your odds:
* Money line to go undefeated in the regular season and the postseason: +22500 (bet $100 to win $22,500)
* Money line to go 82-0 in the regular season: +11000 (if you bet $100 you would win $11,000)
* Money line to go undefeated in just the postseason: +3000 (bet $100 to win $3,000)
Want even longer odds? You can bet on the Warriors not going undefeated.
* Money line to lose at least one game in regular season or postseason: -67500 (bet $67,500 to win $100)
* Money line to lose at least one regular season game: -33000 (bet $33,000 to win $100)
It's not like the Warriors have Kareem or Bill Russell at center -- they're still an outside shooting team, and sometimes shots don't go in. Plus, the Spurs and Cavaliers still play Golden State five times. But if you're one of those folks who paid $20,000 for an NBA Finals seat at Oracle, then you can afford to plunk down $200 for a chance to win $44,000 if the Warriors go unbeaten. Why not?
Graphic via Bleacher Report.
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Gaming Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.