Warriors, Now 6th-Most Valuable NBA Team, Get Promotional Spot, ‘Hands’
Forbes has just released its annual list of the most valuable NBA teams, and the Golden State Warriors have risen to No. 6 -- worth, $1.9 billion. According to ESPN, that's the most dramatic rise in the league in the 5 1/2-year period since 2010, when the team was bought for an NBA record $450 million.
And with that kind of financial clout, and a 38-4 record, you get high profile exposure from the league. The NBA has used the Warriors in their new promotional TV spot, released today, entitled Hands. In it, a young fan gets a high-five from the Warriors' Andre Iguodala, and it "Changes his life."
The kid is San Francisco actor Jace Hart, 9.
OH MY GAWD!!I'm BURSTING with PRIDE over my nephew Jace's new commercial for the NBA...GO Jace Hart!!You're a... https://t.co/cy87ix5Fnx
— laurieburke (@laurieburke) January 19, 2016
Perhaps not surprisingly, some loutish YouTube commenters are criticizing the lad for being "a bandwagon fan." But please note, stupids, that the child is:
1. Too young to be a bandwagon anything.
2. Is an actor.
3. Is on his way to bigger and better things ... unlike you, who waste time commenting on YouTube videos.
Here's the list of the Top 7 most valuable NBA teams:
1. New York Knicks, $3 billion
2. LA Lakers, $2.7 billion
3. Chicago Bulls, $2.3 billion
4. Boston Celtics, $2.1 billion
5. Los Angeles Clippers, $2 billion
6. Golden State Warriors, $1.9 billion
7. Dallas Mavericks, $1.4 billion
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Gaming Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.