This Alabama Student Explains Why He Hates The University Of Tennessee
October 23 / Dan Fogarty / SportsGrid
Today's Alabama - Tennessee game (7:00 PM, ESPN) is vital to the Crimson Tide's 2010 season. A close win would set them back further in their bid to win another national title, and a loss would derail their SEC title hopes. With so much on the line, tensions on Alabama's campus are high.
Which is exactly why this young man, an Alabama student, was interviewed on-camera about his dislike for all things UT. What results is an entertaining look at the blinding hatred inspired in college students in the week leading up to a rivalry game.
A quick rundown of why the University of Tennessee is a poorly-run institution, according to said Alabama student.
- First of all, it's Tennessee.
- They're low down. They're dirty.
- They're sore losers because they're not Alabama.
- Neyland Stadium looks like a garbage truck worker's convention.
- Their colors: as opposed to the good orange, one you could sit with, Tennessee's orange has more of a pukish, pumpkinish hue.