11 Badass Pets That Are More Formidable Than The Saints Defense
The Saints defense is really bad.
To be fair, their team on the whole is bad. But that defense... it's so very, terribly, distinctly bad. In fact, they are so historically bad that their firing of defensive coordinator Rob Ryan is starting to look less like a firing and more like an empathetic release.
Heading into their Monday night game against the Lions, the Saints defense had allowed the most rushing yards per game and the third most passing yards per game in the NFL. Saints opponents had also averaged 30.5 points per game this season; also the most in the NFL.
On Monday night they looked as pathetic as ever against the Lions, who entered the game at 4-9 and in last place in the NFC North. They aren't exactly an offensive powerhouse, but they sure looked like one for at least one night after beating the Saints 35-27.
So in the interest of remaining on the cutting edge of sports journalism, we did some serious research, crunched numbers, cross-referenced them with our books and found 10 formidable (and kind of adorable) pets that would be a major upgrade over the current members of the New Orleans defensive unit.
11. This hovering hamster that'll wait until your guard is down then make you pay.
10. This feisty kitten that will not be intimidated by a mismatch in size.
9. This puppy army that swarms their target and takes him down.
8. This testy bunny that doesn't like when her bubble is invaded.
7. This shifty cat that's impossible to shake in man-to-man coverage.
6. This punk that won't just pin you down, he'll keep you down.
5. This cocky cockatoo that will make make a scene if you fumble the ball his way.
4. This ruthless feline that will intercept the ball before you can even process what happened.
3. This friggen guy who WILL take a loose ball to the house.
2. This lizard named Bruce (for real, that's his name) that has no time for your preconceived notions about his physical skillset.
1. This cat that gives zero shits about a MOUNTAIN LION. Game over. #MVP
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Betting Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.