10 Fantasy Football Things We Were All Wrong About in 2015
The Fantasy Football regular season is behind us, so now is a good a time to look back at the first 13 weeks of the 2015 Fantasy Football season and question what things we (the collective we, of course) were wrong about.
It only makes sense to do it now, right? Half of the owners in every Fantasy Football league are watching from the sidelines as the other half plays in the Fantasy postseason. (I already posted the “10 Fantasy Football Things We Were All Right About in 2015,” so read that after this one in order to feel a little better.)
10 Fantasy Football Things We Missed On in 2015
Let’s all bow our heads in shame as we look back on these bad expectations.
1. Eddie Lacy is a top-three Fantasy running back this season!
Many people, including myself, pimped Lacy to be the top overall Fantasy pick, over suspended Le’Veon Bell and old-man Adrian Peterson. I sincerely apologize to everyone.
2. C.J. Anderson will follow up his amazing 2014 season with an even better one!
3. Devonta Freeman will share carries with rookie Tevin Coleman.
We’re probably looking at the No. 1 overall pick in 2016 Fantasy Football leagues.
4. DeMarco Murray will take a small step back with the Eagles offense.
Chip Kelly’s that guy that inherited a pretty good Fantasy keeper squad – then traded all his best players away for one-hit wonders.
5. All the new offensive weapons in Indy will make Andrew Luck unstoppable!
Well, unless you touch him in his Achilles’ abdomen.
6. Cam Newton’s Fantasy owners are doomed now that Kelvin Benjamin is out for the season.
It’s scary to think what Newton would do with Benjamin healthy. He’s second overall in Fantasy scoring right now behind Tom Brady, and just three running backs have more than his seven rushing touchdowns.
7. Justin Forsett will be fine without Gary Kubiak.
From shoulder to ankle to (finally) a broken arm, Forsett has been a swing-and-a-miss this season, just like most of everything else in a Ravens jersey.
8. Brandon Marshall’s Fantasy value is in deep trouble with the Jets.
He’s currently a top-five wide receiver in Fantasy points, helping make Ryan Fitzpatrick a non-punchline.
9. Sam Bradford could be a top-five quarterback in Chip Kelly’s offense – if he stays healthy.
Well, he has been healthy, for the most part, playing in 10 games so far. But 25 other quarterbacks have more Fantasy points after Week 13. You could also add “Chip Kelly is a genius!” to our list of “wrong” thoughts in 2015.
10. Drafting a Jaguars quarterback hasn’t been a good idea since Mark Brunell played in J-Ville.
Blake Bortles is outplaying fellow sophomore quarterback Derek Carr, and there are just four quarterbacks with more Fantasy points this year.
Don’t forget to check out the “10 Fantasy Football Things We Were All Right About in 2015,” as not to go into a complete Fantasy depression until next season!
Sam Bradford Photo Credit: Rich Schultz, Getty Images
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Gaming Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.