21 Actual Things You Can Do Rather Than Watch Jaguars Vs. Titans On ‘TNF’
Guys, it's time we take a stand. Not a stand against the NFL or big money corporations or anything even closely political, but merely a stand against wasting our own goddamn time. In years past, we have allowed the NFL and their prime time broadcast partners to force feed us the manufactured rivalry between the horrific Tennessee Titans and the even worse Jacksonville Jaguars because we craved their product so much that we'd take anything they gave us.
Well not anymore! After what we all just went through on Sunday night, it's obvious that we need to start backing away slowly. We must begin to ween ourselves off. If the NFL was once the pack of cigarettes we "drunk smoked" every week, then refusing to watch prime time AFC South games is our first attempt at the nicotine patch.
But quitting an addiction can be difficult when you don't know how to supplement your time with something else, so here are 21 actual things that you can do rather than watch the Jaguars play the Titans on Thursday night:
1. Cook a delicious dinner from a recipe you've always wanted to try.
2. Buy one of those discounted 2016 Jeopardy! desk calendars at Barnes & Noble and then go through the whole years' worth of clues.
3. Pick out the creepiest true crime documentary on Netflix and find someone to watch it with you.
4. Carve a pumpkin and roast the seeds! I recommend these caramelized spicy ones.
5. Make and order your Christmas cards for the year. Mixbook has gorgeous plug & play templates that will make it look like you put in way more effort than you did.
6. Go to the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge YouTube channel and watch famous artists cover other people's songs. I guarantee you'll be down the rabbit hole in no time.
7. Learn how to play cribbage. It's addictive and you can bring a travel cribbage board and deck of cards almost anywhere.
8. Do an adult coloring book. They're way more fun than you think and you can do it as a legitimate substitute for meditation!
9. Build your wizarding profile on Pottermore. You'll get sorted into your Hogwarts and Ilvermorny houses and find your wand. Also be sure to take the new Patronus quiz. I got a dolphin! ?
10. Go to Michael's or a craft supply store and get the surprisingly cheap few things you need to make brand new candles out of all your old candles.
11. If you feel like you need to get out of the house, go see that new Kevin Hart standup special in theaters and let the laughter ease your burdened mind.
12. Check out a cool DIY way to organize your old DVDs, microwave some popcorn and put on one of your favorite movies while you work.
13. Gather up all the stray magazines in your house and cut out every page that includes a work out routine. Take photos of the pages and make a "Workouts" photo folder in your phone for when you need to switch it up at the gym.
14. Browse the most popular podcasts on iTunes in a category that interests you and then start from the beginning. I do this while I clean and I get so much more done.
16. For non-dieters: Rent Hocus Pocus, buy your favorite Halloween candy for trick or treating, pick out 8 pieces for yourself and then settle in.
18. Brush up on your sports trivia by watching free streaming episodes of Sports Jeopardy!
19. Watch supercuts of SNL characters breaking, because for some unknown reason that's never not funny.
20. Browse luxury vacations you can't afford and pin your favorites just in case you win the lottery.
21. Coordinate out your David Pumpkins Halloween costume. You know you want to. Any questions?!
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Gaming Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.