Jason Pierre-Paul Threw Prince Amukamara In A Cold Bath, No One Knows Why
New York Giants punter Steve Weatherford filmed the unfolding of an odd scene recently, when New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul threw cornerback Prince Amukamara over his shoulder and dumped him in a cold bath. There are few details surrounding this incident, but let's try to piece together what we know and arrive at a reasonable conclusion.
First, watch the video.
What we know:
1) Jason Pierre-Paul throws Prince Amukamara (who doesn't resist) in a cold bath.
2) Steve Weatherford films it, puts it on Twitter.
3) JPP high-fives teammates and busts out a profanity-laced celebration.
4) Only two teammates seem to be defending Amukamara, screaming, "Prince, what you doing, fool?!?! Prince, get down!!! This is ridiculous!!!" And, "You better stand up for yourself!"
5) Amukamara walks away from the bath soaked and seemingly dejected.
Amukamara is a second-year player, so this wasn't rookie hazing. Based on fact No. 3 (skip to :30 second mark), this could be either some sort of retaliatory blow or a preemptive strike. The intended future tense use of "ain't" suggests preemptive.
Prince's lack of resistance (No. 1) is odd, though hazing would explain this away rather easily. Then again, his downtrodden mug (No. 5) after the fact suggests otherwise, and the split among teammates fighting for his cause or standing idly by (No. 4) might demonstrate a two-sided rift: those with Prince, those with JPP. And, lastly, fact No. 2 proves that Steve Weatherford, and punters in general, are awesome.
Conclusion: We have no idea what is going on.
Hopefully Amukamara had time to dry off before arriving five minutes early to the next team meeting.
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Gaming Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.