Marcus Mariota: Top 10 Thoughts That Went Through His Head When He Won The Heisman
Letterman is no longer the culture force he once was, but from time to time he makes some famous people squirm and we're reminded why he was relevant before Stephen Colbert started doing it better. Last night, 2014 Heisman trophy winner Marcus Mariota stopped by to nervously read off the show's "Top 10 List."
10. "Can't believe I beat Meryl Streep"
9. "This trophy will look great in my aquarium"
8. "To heck with the NFL, I going on Dancing with the Stars"
7. "The last heisman winner from Hawaii? Don Ho"
6. "Don't spike the trophy"
5. "My general science major really paid off"
4. "Maybe now the cheerleaders will notice me"
3. "I'd like to play in the NFL; does New York have any professional teams?"
1. "Heisman? Now THAT'S mayonnaise"
Letterman also changed the Washington football team logo to that of a red potato, adding to the first joke anyone suggested when the team's name became an lightning rod issue for the sports media. It's not much longer, Dave.
[H/T Next Impulse Sports]
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Gaming Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.