NFL PLAYOFF PICTURE: All 12 Teams Now Present And Accounted For [UPDATED]
Once the Week 17 afternoon games were wrapped up, so were the remaining contested playoff spots. With the Jets loss, Steelers win and the Colts' ridiculous mathematical eligibility for the postseason finally been put to bed, the twelve playoff sports are all accounted for.
The AFC seeding has been set, as the Broncos win over the Chargers secured them the #1 seed over the Patriots. Now all we are waiting on is the final seeding in the NFC, which will be set in stone once the results of the NFC North are in. That division will be determined by the final game of the 2015-16 regular season; a Packers vs. Vikings showdown on Sunday Night Football .
So here is how everything stands now that the late afternoon games are finished, with the fates of just a few teams in the NFC left undecided until the end of Sunday night.
1. Denver Broncos (12-4)
2. New England Patriots (12-4)
3. Cincinnati Bengals (12-4)
4. Houston Texans (9-7)
5. Kansas City Chiefs (11-5)
6. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6)
1. Carolina Panthers (15-1)
2. Arizona Cardinals (13-3)
3. Green Bay Packers (10-5)
4. Washington Redskins (9-7)
5. Minnesota Vikings (10-5)
6. Seattle Seahawks (10-6)
- The Packers and Vikings play in the season's final game, on Sunday Night Football. If the Packers lose to the Vikings, the Vikings will overtake the #3 seed and the Packers will drop to #5.
- If Packers win, the Seahawks take over the #5 seed and the Vikings drop to # 6.
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Gaming Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.