The Week In Fantasy Football: Week 7
Mike Cardano a.k.a. “Kermit” (@MikeCardano) and “The King” Scott Engel (@scotteRotoEx) preview the NFL Week 7 games, covering all the news and notes, getting you ready for your Fantasy Football weekend…
Turnovers may be a huge factor in this week’s NFL games effecting the fantasy weeks of many, with lots of inexperienced QBs under center. Thaddeus Lewis (Buffalo), Mike Glennon (Tampa), Nick Foles (Philly), Geno Smith (NY Jets), Case Keenum (Houston) *Has never thrown an NFL pass, Josh Freeman (Minnesota) ** New system, new team…
What you may have missed this week….
Jaguars WR Cecil Shorts (questionable, clavicle) told reporters Friday he “plans to play” in Week 7 against San Diego.
* Wow, this is truly a surprise. I would pass on him this week. Shorts was in so much pain mid-week that he had trouble going to sleep.
Packers WR James Jones (knee) is listed as questionable for Week 7 against the Browns despite not practicing at all this week.
* Even if he does suit up, I would look elsewhere. Too soon to be effective coming back from a PCL sprain...
Lions WR Calvin Johnson (knee) is listed as probable for Week 7 against the Bengals.
* He practiced every day this week and should be good to go… This is what you drafted him for…
Falcons RB Steven Jackson (hamstring) has been ruled out for Week 7 against the Bucs.
* It’s the Jacquizz Rodgers and Jason Snelling show for one more week….
Falcons WR Roddy White (ankle/hamstring) has been ruled out for Week 7 against the Bucs.
* Missing the first game of his career but, he was out even when he was in this year. Harry Douglas takes his spot and should be a decent add this week….
Cowboys WR Miles Austin (hamstring) is listed as probable for Week 7.
* Terrance Williams is the better start opposite Dez Bryant…
Bills WR Stevie Johnson (back) is listed as probable for Week 7.
* He practiced all week and he’s ready to go. Not sure that warrants anything more than a WR3/4 with the Bills QB situation…
Bucs WR Mike Williams (hamstring) practiced again on Friday.
* Williams is on track to return this week against the Falcons after missing last Sunday’s game giving rookie Mike Glennon another weapon.
Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski (arm surgeries, questionable) was limited in Friday’s practice.
* His agent confirmed Friday that Gronk has received medical clearance and he’s expected to start against the Jets. I’m certain everyone will plug him right in their lineup, but I’m skeptical that he’ll be the same old Gronk. I’m not recommending using him this week…
Patriots WR Danny Amendola (concussion) has been ruled out for Week 7.
* Surprise, Amedola’s hurt…
Titans coach Mike Munchak said they “have no plans” to trade WR Kenny Britt.
* Ok, they don’t, but you should…
Check out our full suite of Fantasy Sports radio shows and podcasts! Listen to your favorite RotoExperts live or on demand, including the legendary Lenny Melnick, Tim McCullough, Jake Ciely, Gregg Sussman and many more. We cover Fantasy Football all week long and baseball year-round right here on ROTORADIO.
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Gaming Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.