This Week in Fantasy Football, NFL Week 9
Mike Cardano a.k.a. "Kermit" (@MikeCardano) and "The King" Scott Engel (@scotteRotoEx) preview the Week NFL 9 games, covering all the news and notes, getting you ready for your Fantasy Football weekend...
What you may have missed this week...
- Monday Morning Fantasy QB: A Dez Bryant Shout Out
- Week 9 Fantasy Football Twilight Zone: Viewer Questions
- NFL Week 9 Fantasy Waiver Wire Wonders
- Week 9 Fantasy Football Receiver Focus
Jaguars WR Justin Blackmon has been suspended by the NFL indefinitely for another violation of the league's substance abuse policy. He will be eligible to apply for reinstatement for the start of the 2014 season.
- Blackmon opened 2013 on a four-game suspension for similar violations. What a waste of talent. He’s done, his season is over. Look for Mike Brown to be Jacksonville's No. 2 receiver the rest of the way. Cecil Shorts is going to be a target monster in the Jaguars' garbage-time offense.
Colts coach Chuck Pagano told reporters Friday he expects WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (questionable, hamstring) to play on Sunday night against the Texans.
- DHB did not practice Friday after getting injured in Thursday's practice. The Colts are going to trot him out at less than 100 percent against the Texans. Expect target increases for Coby Fleener and T.Y. Hilton. Heyward-Bey isn't going to be a fantasy option this week.
Panthers coach Ron Rivera creates Fantasy Football from hell RB situation as he anticipates 6-10 touches for RB Jonathan Stewart in his 2013 debut versus Atlanta.
- Rivera confirmed DeAngelo Williams will remain Carolina's "starter," but the backfield will be a heavy rotation moving forward. "(DeAngelo) gets four, five, six carries in eight plays, Jonathan goes in and he gets a couple of carries, some pass stuff," Rivera predicted. "He comes out, Michael Tolbert goes in and does his thing and then bam, we go back to 21 personnel (two running backs, one tight end) and you’ve got DeAngelo and Tolbert in there for a few more. Somewhere along the line we bring in Kenjon Barner and he gets a couple snaps." Uggh!!!!
Saints TE Jimmy Graham (foot) is officially listed as questionable for Week 9.
- Graham practiced every day this week, albeit on a limited basis, and is expected to start against the Jets. Sucks for Jets fans like me...
Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch (probable, knee) returned to practice on Friday and is fully expected to start Sunday against Tampa Bay.
- Like he wasn’t gonna play....
Packers WR James Jones (knee) returned to a limited practice on Friday.
- At this point there is still no clarity regarding his Week 9 availability. He'll probably wind up as a game-time decision for Monday night. FYI - Teams that play in MNFers do not release final injury report classifications until Saturday. If Jones does return against the Bears, Green Bay's most likely three-wide package would have Jones and Jarrett Boykin outside with Jordy Nelson at slot receiver. Myles White would probably be the No. 4. FYI - All Packers wideouts are capable of playing all three of the receiver positions.
Rams RB Zac Stacy (ankle) is listed as questionable for Week 9 against the Titans.
- He’s playing, he’s already played through multiple "Q" tags already this year....
Cowboys WR Miles Austin (hamstring) has been shut down in an effort to get him back to full strength.
- In other words, he's been Wally Pipped by rookie Terrance Williams....
The Texans are considering RB Arian Foster (questionable, hamstring) a "game-time decision" for Week 9 against the Colts.
- Sorry folks, gonna have to wait till the last minute on this one... But.... RB Ben Tate will play with four broken ribs... (How the hell is he gonna do that? When I broke just 1 rib i was afraid to just sneeze.....)
Vikings coach Leslie Frazier announced Friday QB Christian Ponder will start Sunday against the Cowboys.
- I don't care who the QB is, how about giving the ball to AP once in a while just for shits and giggles coach?!
Falcons WR Roddy White (questionable, hamstring/ankle) told reporters he'll be a game-time decision for Week 9 against the Panthers.
- I think he’s gonna try to play, but that didn’t work out so well the last time he came back too soon....
Bills RB C.J. Spiller (ankle) is listed as probable for Week 9 against the Chiefs.
- He’ll play, but he’s a flex option at best...
Rams rookie WR Tavon Austin admitted his transition to the NFL has been more difficult than he anticipated.
- I say pick him up and stash him for the last few games late in the year. When he learns to read, he'll can find out what the plays are. He should then be good to go....
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Betting Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.