This Week in Fantasy Football, Week 5
Mike Cardano a.k.a. "Kermit" (@MikeCardano) and "The King" Scott Engel (@scotteRotoEx) preview the NFL Week 5 games, covering all the news and notes, getting you ready for your Fantasy Football weekend...
- Browns QB Brian Hoyer has a torn ACL, and will undergo season-ending surgery. (Sorry Brian, it was fun while it lasted...)
- Falcons WR Roddy White (crappy ankle) is still not 100% but will once again play Monday Night against the Jets... (It remains to be see if he’ll once again be the most expensive decoy in the game. Why didn’t they just rest him the 1st two weeks? Dumb. He’ll get a chance to rest for two weeks with a bye and Week 6 and hopefully Fantasy owners can reap the rewards in Week 7)
- Dolphins DE Cameron Wake (knee) is listed as questionable. He practiced on a limited basis Friday for a third straight day (He’s a difference maker when healthy. You can play the Dolphins defense when he’s healthy, but not when he isn’t. He isn’t.)
- Cowboys WR Miles Austin (hamstring) did not all week. (Don’t play him even if he tries to give it a go...)
- Raiders RB Darren McFadden (hamstring) is listed as doubtful for Week 5. (Don’t play him even if he tries to give it a go...)
- Jaguars TE Marcedes Lewis will miss Sunday's game against St. Louis with the calf injury that has only allowed him to get on the field for two plays this season. (Well that’s not good. He’d actually be a pretty decent option - QB security blanket - if he can ever get on the field.)
- Patriots RB Stevan Ridley was not spotted at practice for third straight day. (Same as Austin, don’t play him even if he tries to give it a go...)
- Carolina Panthers traded Jon Beason to New York Giants pending a physical. The Panthers are expected to receive a late round pick as compensation. (No, don’t play the Giants defense because of this...)
- According to offensive coordinator Greg Roman, Jon Baldwin will play a larger role in the 49ers' passing game Sunday against the Texans. (Nice guy, decent receiver, still not getting more targets than Vernon Davis (bum hamstring) or Anquan Boldin...)
- Jamaal Charles, who is dealing with blisters on his feet, returned to a limited practice Thursday. (It’s a ruse! Play him!)
- Patriots cut TE Zach Sudfield on Thursday (Ok, so maybe he’s not a sleeper...) And then the Jets picked him up on Friday! (Wait, maybe he is?)
- Buccaneers released QB Josh Freeman. (Why didn’t they just trade him for Kenny Britt and swap misfit rejects?)
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Gaming Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.