Prime DFS Picks: Start Matthew Stafford and Win Super Bowl Tickets!
Here’s the drill: Each week, FantasyDraft is having a free daily Fantasy contest for the weekend games. The winners of the tournament from Week 1 to Week 16 will face off in Week 17. The winner of that contest gets the tickets to the Super Bowl. It’s as simple as that.
You know how DFS works, so I’m not going to bore you with that. Let’s get into what makes Fantasy Draft unique:
- There’s a $100,000 budget
- Two flex spots
- No kicker spot
- PPR scoring
Let’s set that ideal lineup for you for Week 6
Top 3 choices:
- Matthew Stafford, $12,300 – The Saints defense is one to pick on every week - even coming off the bye. New Orleans allows 265.2 yards per game through the air, which is the fifth-most in football. Stafford and the Lions are set up for a field day.
- Kirk Cousins ($12,700). It's a week when I'm OK paying up at quarterback. Coming off a bye, Cousins and company are facing the 49ers, who have given up the fifth-most yards through the air. Washington is a nice stack this week.
- As the sixth-highest priced quarterback, DeShaun Watson ($12,600) is the chalk play this week, and who can blame anyone that's starting him? After the two back-to-back performance he's had, he gets Cleveland this week. Watson is a sell high in redraft leagues, but if you want a safe play at quarterback, he offers a high floor and extremely high ceiling.
Sleeper: Jacoby Brissett ($11,000) has filled in nicely for Andrew Luck. You would have liked to see him throw for a touchdown last week, but you'll take the rushing floor that he has.
Top 4 choices:
- Todd Gurley ($14,600) – Why the Steelers didn't utilize Le'Veon Bell against the weak run defense of the Jaguars last week is beyond me. The Rams live and die by the run. It's a get-right game for the second-year back.
- C.J. Anderson ($12,300) – The Broncos are going to obliterate the Giants, which means they'll look to run the ball early and often. Jamaal Charles will get his touches, but Anderson is going to have a field day.
- Elijah McGuire ($9,100) – It’s looking like it's going to be the McGuire show for the Jets Sunday with Matt Forte and Bilal Powell both injured. He'll be chalk at this price, but he's worth sliding in your lineups.
- Mark Ingram is only $8,700. I get that we like the shiny toy in Alvin Kamara, but I'll take the lead back at this price all day.
Sleeper: Duke Johnson ($10,100) – I like Johnson every week, but ESPN's Field Yates had a great stat on him Thursday:
Duke Johnson has 64.5 fantasy points when trailing by 7+ points this year, 14 more than anyone else. Browns are 9.5 point 'dogs this week.
— Field Yates (@FieldYates) October 12, 2017
Top 4 choices:
- Golden Tate ($12,700) – I liked him last week, and I'm going back to the well. The matchup is perfect for Tate to start the turnaround to his season we've been waiting for.
- DeSean Jackson ($10,900) – Patrick Peterson is a lockdown corner that I want to avoid, so I'm fading Mike Evans for Jackson. Even with Jameis Winston missing Jackson on a touchdown last week, Jackson still had a solid stat line.
- Amari Cooper ($9,900) – You have to take some risks in daily fantasy to win. This is one of them. With Derek Carr expected to return, I like Cooper in a plus matchup to find the end zone.
- Marvin Jones ($9,100) – I'm all in on the Lions this week. That includes Jones, who brings nice touchdown upside at a low cost.
Sleeper: At $7,800, Cooper Kupp is a nice contrarian play this week. People still aren't buying it with the Rams, and while it's a tough matchup on paper, Kupp is going to avoid A.J. Bouye and Jalen Ramsey on the outside. He's Jared Goff's preferred target, and he has a nice weekly floor with the volume he sees.
Top 3 choices:
- Rob Gronkowski ($12,700) – Gronk is expected to return this week, and he has six career touchdowns in 11 games against the Jets.
- Ryan Griffin ($7,800) – Start your tight ends against the Giants and Browns. Griffin has the Browns covered for you.
- Zach Miller ($5,700) – Mitchell Trubisky looked Miller's way seven times Monday night. With Markus Wheaton now down and out, expect the targets to increase for Miller.
Sleeper: George Kittle ($6,600) had seven targets last week. Nice punt play.
Top 3 choices:
- Broncos ($7,800) – Is there a case for any other defense this week? I'm honestly asking.
- Jaguars ($7,000) – The Seahawks showed us last week what happens when the Rams face a good defense.
- Chiefs – ($6,300) – Ben Roethlisberger was bad at home last week. Roethlisberger is always bad on the road.
Sleeper: The Bears ($5,300) have been average on defense this year, but they face a Ravens offense that has been just brutal all year.
My Week 6 DKMS lineup:
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Gaming Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.