12 Facts Of Life That Are As Undeniable As This Alberto Moreno Foul
Soccer is a sport in which diving isn't only prevalent, it's practically become a requirement. It is an art form. So there is no shame in referees trying to make sure that a dive doesn't decide a possibly game-changing situation.
However it's rare that even a dive-loving star like Manchester City's Sergio Aguero would give up a promising fast-break scoring opportunity just to earn a free kick. Apparently the officials Sunday's Manchester City vs. Liverpool disagree with that theory.
Watch Liverpool's Alberto Moreno very obviously trip Aguero as he breaks toward the goal:
CHEATING. That's cheating. That foul could've easily ended with Moreno receiving a yellow card. Instead, it wasn't called at all. That's some egregiously flawed refereeing by any standards.
I understand that the refs can't see everything, but in a situation like this where the players aren't obscured and there are line judges and officials all over the place, this should never go uncalled. Moreno didn't even come close to making contact with the ball, and the way Aguero falls is very obviously the result of real contact.
It's just so obvious. One of my greatest sports pet peeves is blatantly lazy officiating. It drives me nuts. So in the spirit of really driving my point home, here are 12 things that are as inarguable as that flagrant foul by Alberto Moreno.
12) Donald Trump's spray tan
11) How much Kristen Bell Loves sloths
11) Kylie Jenner's plastic surgery
8) Obama's rapid presidential aging
7) That Mark Wahlberg is from Boston.
6) How much Los Angeles weatherman Dallas Raines loves the weather
5) Ron Swanson's problematic relationship with vegetables
4) The deadliness of Raven Symone's side eye
3) That you cried at the end of Furious 7
2) That Enes Kanter (#11) knew Steph's shot was going in
1) The boiling point of water...
Tsk tsk, BPL referees. Tsk tsk.
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Gaming Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.