Of Course John Daly Endorsed Donald Trump For President
The John Daly File:
* Won 1991 PGA Championship and 1995 Open Championship.
* At the 1998 Bay Hill Invitational, shot an 18 on the par-five sixth hole, including five straight shots into the water. Finished with an 85.
* At the 2015 PGA Championship at Whistling Straits in Sheboygan, WI, hit three straight tee shots into Lake Michigan, then threw his club into the lake as well.
* In 2008, was taken into protective custody by Winston-Salem, NC police after being found drunk outside a Hooters restaurant.
* Claims gambling losses of $50 million to $60 million over a 15-year span (via BBC Sport, 2006).
* At the Stanford St. Jude Championship in Memphis in 2007, showed up for the first round with cuts and scrapes on his face -- said later that his wife had attacked him with a steak knife.
* March 1, 2016, endorsed Donald Trump for president.
— John Daly (@PGA_JohnDaly) March 2, 2016
@pigcookn 23m23 minutes ago
priceless: angry, white golfer, frustrated by talented African American. finds true soul mate
This must delight the PGA, which has been trying to distance itself from Trump since the primaries began. On Monday the PGA told Golf.com that they disapprove of Trump because of his many divisive statements: Mr. Trump's comments are inconsistent with our strong commitment to an inclusive and welcoming environment in the game of golf. But it will continue its relationship with him for now -- including this week's WGC-Cadillac Championship at Trump National Doral in Miami.
Be the first to know
Want FREE Fantasy and Gaming Advice and Savings Delivered to your Inbox? Sign up for our Newsletter.