- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
‘Dufnering’ Is Back, Because America Needs A Hero Who Is Listless, Slouched
It all began in a Texas classroom in March, where Jason Dufner was visiting with schoolkids and showing them a concentration exercise. A fateful photo was taken (see video below), and a meme was born.
And now that he’s won the PGA Champhionship, ‘Dufnering’ is sweeping the nation — nay, the world — anew.
Beware: this craze just may have legs.
— Evan Longoria (@Evan3Longoria) August 9, 2013
— Golf Channel (@GolfChannel) April 24, 2013
— Blue Angels (@BlueAngels) August 12, 2013
“Got some notoriety for maybe something that was probably trying to hurt me a little bit and ran with it and it helped me a lot,” said Dufner. “I got a lot of fans because of it and people identified me through it and that was good.”
Until ‘Dufnering’, the only notoriety Dufner had was for spectacularly blowing a five-shot lead with four holes to play at the 2011 PGA Championship and eventually losing to Keegan Bradley in a playoff.
— Awful Announcing (@awfulannouncing) August 12, 2013
— Adam Himmelsbach (@AdamHimmelsbach) August 11, 2013
— PGA of America (@ThePGAofAmerica) August 10, 2013
— WarBlogle.com (@WarBlogle) August 11, 2013
— Shane Bacon (@shanebacon) August 11, 2013
— Erik J. Barzeski (@iacas) August 6, 2013
Have there been Photoshops, you ask? Oh yeah. Here’s a collection of some of the best, below:
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier