- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Important News: Jose Canseco To Appear In Movie 'Piranha Sharks'
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Tim Donaghy Says The NBA Is Rigged, Probably To Get You To Buy His Picks
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
New York Golf Fans Love Sergio Garcia…Love Ripping Him, Anyway
He lost the waggle that made him so unpopular at the 2002 US Open at Bethpage Black, when fans yelled at him to “hit the f***ing ball” because of his constant club re-gripping, and he responded by flipping them the bird. Today, the love-in continued…
Trailing by 2 shots and with shifting winds at the 17th hole in the final round of the Fedex Cup Playoffs’ opening event, Sergio took quite a while to address the ball before finally deciding he needed another club – and at that point the crowd had seen enough.
As you can hear, he did have one vocal defender – likely a sober New Yorker tired of the media’s abuse for acting like, well, a New Yorker. In a sense, it’s comforting to know that things don’t change, neither from Sergio or New York golf fans.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story