- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- How Early Can You Draft The Legion Of Boom This Year?
- Kirk Minihane Doubles Down On Being An Asshole To Erin Andrews In On-Air Pseudo-Apology
- Niners Fan Eats It After Getting Juked By Seahawks Mascot
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Step 1: Spend Hundreds Of Dollars On Ryder Cup Tickets. Step 2: Yell Out “Baba Booey” Early And Often
Yelling out “Baba Booey” during live events has been a proud American tradition of over twenty years. That tradition continued today at the Ryder Cup.
For those of you not already aware of this phenomenon, “Baba Booey” is the nickname for Gary Dell’Abate of The Howard Stern Show, who earned the nickname back in 1990 after mistakenly calling cartoon cowboy Quick Draw McGraw’s sidekick Baba Looey “Baba Booey.” Yes, this is as stupid as it sounds.
Anyway, since then, fans of Howard Stern yelling out “Baba Booey” wherever live events are being broadcast has become something of a regular occurrence. And no event is off-limits, as evidenced by perhaps the height of the movement wherein Peter Jennings was “Baba Booey”-ed during the O.J. Simpson car chase in 1994.
This honored tradition continued today at the Ryder Cup, as some genius yelled out “Baba Booey” over and over and over again. Honestly, if you’ve seen this happen once, you’ve seen it happen a thousand times. But that doesn’t make it any less hilarious. Enjoy, via NBC:
- Filed Under:
- ryder cup
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Top 10 Pound for Pound Fighters
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?