- Pretty Much Screwed: Why Your Team Won't Win The 2014 NBA Championship
- Here's How You Improve Golf's TV Ratings: More Mind-Blowing Trick Shots
- Best Job In Sports? Probably Michelle Jenneke's Butt-Masseuser
- A Formula 1 Pit Stop In 1950 Vs. Today's Is Pretty Damn Cool
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Step 1: Spend Hundreds Of Dollars On Ryder Cup Tickets. Step 2: Yell Out “Baba Booey” Early And Often
Yelling out “Baba Booey” during live events has been a proud American tradition of over twenty years. That tradition continued today at the Ryder Cup.
For those of you not already aware of this phenomenon, “Baba Booey” is the nickname for Gary Dell’Abate of The Howard Stern Show, who earned the nickname back in 1990 after mistakenly calling cartoon cowboy Quick Draw McGraw’s sidekick Baba Looey “Baba Booey.” Yes, this is as stupid as it sounds.
Anyway, since then, fans of Howard Stern yelling out “Baba Booey” wherever live events are being broadcast has become something of a regular occurrence. And no event is off-limits, as evidenced by perhaps the height of the movement wherein Peter Jennings was “Baba Booey”-ed during the O.J. Simpson car chase in 1994.
This honored tradition continued today at the Ryder Cup, as some genius yelled out “Baba Booey” over and over and over again. Honestly, if you’ve seen this happen once, you’ve seen it happen a thousand times. But that doesn’t make it any less hilarious. Enjoy, via NBC:
- Filed Under:
- ryder cup
- Rickie Fowler Keeps Himself Entertained Off the Golf Course
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.