- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
A Brawl Broke Out At The Rays Game Last Night, Except It Wasn’t On The Field And It Involved Garbage
Before its improbably winning of the American League pennant in 2008, the Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays were best known for putting garbage on the field. But it was a garbage can just outside foul territory that led to a fan brouhaha after a foul ball made a slam dunk into the waste receptacle.
The incident happened in the bottom of the sixth inning, when Rays shortstop Shawn Rodriguez laced a foul liner past first base and directly into the garbage can located at the near end of a party area. But it’s best to let the Rays TV broadcast team of Dewayne Staats, Brian Anderson, and Todd Kalas tell the story:
After tempers cooled down, one fan was ejected from the stadium (which led to the booing you hear during Johnny Damon‘s at-bat), and stadium personnel decided the situation would be settled easiest by leaving the ball where it belonged — in the trash, alongside the Tampa Bay offense which was shut out for the 10th time since May.
- Filed Under:
- tampa bay rays
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts