- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
If You’ve Never Seen A Guy Get Knocked Over By A Flying Bat As He’s Trying To Field A Grounder, Join The Club
Eric Sogard thought he had this ground ball in the bag. It was as routine as routine gets for a shortstop — no bad hops, no torrential downpours of rain, no spaceships flying over the field to distract him — except for the whole “shard of bat flying directly at his knee caps” thing.
Seriously, has that ever happened before? Bats are breaking with increasing frequency these days, so perhaps we’ll see this more often. It would actually add a fun — if totally dangerous and stupid — element to the game. Maybe one at-bat per inning, you get toss your lumber at whoever you want while you run the bases. Let’s file that, along with “Landmines on the football field” and “Landmines on the basketball court” and “Hockey rinks with maybe a couple of landmines in ‘em,” in the Bad Ideas drawer.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?