- HOUSTON SPROCKETS: Minimalist MLB, NHL, And NBA Logos Are Good Design
- 'Seinfeld Night' Is The Greatest Stadium Promotion Of All-Time
- Why The Spurs Are Truly The Best Team In The League This Year
- What The Hell Is With This Lance Armstrong Instructional Video?
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
If You’ve Never Seen A Guy Get Knocked Over By A Flying Bat As He’s Trying To Field A Grounder, Join The Club
Eric Sogard thought he had this ground ball in the bag. It was as routine as routine gets for a shortstop — no bad hops, no torrential downpours of rain, no spaceships flying over the field to distract him — except for the whole “shard of bat flying directly at his knee caps” thing.
Seriously, has that ever happened before? Bats are breaking with increasing frequency these days, so perhaps we’ll see this more often. It would actually add a fun — if totally dangerous and stupid — element to the game. Maybe one at-bat per inning, you get toss your lumber at whoever you want while you run the bases. Let’s file that, along with “Landmines on the football field” and “Landmines on the basketball court” and “Hockey rinks with maybe a couple of landmines in ‘em,” in the Bad Ideas drawer.
- Colin Kaepernick Finally Speaks Up: Is He Guilty?
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.