- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- Fantasy Hoops: Why Not Make The Bucks Your Main Squeeze This Week?
- ESPN To Combine All Non-Bullshit Entities Into New Unit Called 'Exit 31'
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
A-Rod Was Taken Out Of Game 1 Of The ALCS, So He Hit On Some Girls In The Stands
Alex Rodriguez was taken out of the Game 1 of the ALCS on Saturday night in the bottom of the eight inning, but his night wasn’t exactly over. No longer a part of the action, A-Rod decided it was time to exercise another part of his game, one which has probably had a higher rate of success of late.
Via the New York Post:
“After being replaced in the bottom of the eighth inning in Game 1 of the American League Championship Series, the highest-paid Yankee openly flirted with a pair of pretty women two rows behind the dugout — even sending them a ball bearing a note asking for their phone numbers, a witness told The Post.
‘I watched him flirt with two admittedly very cute young women nearby,’ the witness said.
Instead of rooting on his teammates as they struggled to stay alive during the tense game at Yankee Stadium, A-Rod, 37, had a ball boy toss the young women a baseball inscribed with a message asking for their numbers.”
But did they comply? Weren’t they put off by his steroid abuse and atrocious playoff numbers? Of course not.
“‘The girls, who had already caught two balls, seemed bemused at first and tried to hand the ball to another fan, but other fans noticed the note on it and yelled at them to read it.
‘The note asked them to write their phone numbers on the ball and throw it back,’ the witness said.
“One of the girls, with darker blond hair, wrote . . . on the ball and threw it back at A-Rod, who gave her a big smile.”
Alex Rodriguez is 6-23 with 12 strikeouts during these playoffs, including a DNP in Game 5 of the ALDS. So it’s not like he’s had much to do, anyway. But we really don’t know how Torrie Wilsonwho he’s reportedly dating, will feel about this. Not so pleased, we presume. And there’s no word on whether the women actually wrote their numbers, though A-Rod’s smile might just be the only proof we need.
If you happen to know who these (lucky?) ladies are, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success