- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Bizarre Scene At European Youth Boxing Match, Ref Gets KO'd
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Bryce Brown Or Anthony Dixon -- Which Bills RB Should You Grab?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Check Out This Awesome Rare Color Footage Of Yankee Stadium In 1939
You thought everything from grandma and grandpa’s era was in black-and-white, didn’t you? Well, Pleasantville-style, here’s the 1939 World Series in fantastic color, when the Yankees took on the Reds and everyone dressed like a dandy.
Things to take note of: the haunting music that instills both the specter of World War II and longing for a Morgan Freeman voice-over, the GEM blades that sell five for a quarter, the incredible fashion sense of nearly everybody in the stadium, the way people walked right onto the field once the game was over.
And for the record — the Yankees, in typical Bronx Bomber fashion, demolished the Reds, sweeping the Series to claim their fourth consecutive title. Some things never change.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts