- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Mass Flopping Routine
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- Devin Hester Can't Believe The Bears Didn't Re-sign Him, Because Seven Years Ago
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Check Out This Awesome Rare Color Footage Of Yankee Stadium In 1939
You thought everything from grandma and grandpa’s era was in black-and-white, didn’t you? Well, Pleasantville-style, here’s the 1939 World Series in fantastic color, when the Yankees took on the Reds and everyone dressed like a dandy.
Things to take note of: the haunting music that instills both the specter of World War II and longing for a Morgan Freeman voice-over, the GEM blades that sell five for a quarter, the incredible fashion sense of nearly everybody in the stadium, the way people walked right onto the field once the game was over.
And for the record — the Yankees, in typical Bronx Bomber fashion, demolished the Reds, sweeping the Series to claim their fourth consecutive title. Some things never change.
- Dana White Believes He Has Worked Out Anthony Pettis Vs Jose Aldo
- Predicting Who Will Be First to Defeat Chris Weidman
- UFC Implements New Performance-Based Bonus System
- Justin Blackmon: 5 Teams That Should Trade for the Jaguars Star