- This Is The Week That Was: It's Sportscrap For Sunday, Sept. 14
- RGIII Is Injured Again ... DeSean Jackson Also Hurt (With Updates)
- Dan Snyder: NFL 'Fortunate' To Have Roger Goodell As Commissioner
- NBA 2K15 News: Put Any Player From Any Era On Any Team For Any Reason
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Awful Season For Rangers Just Got A Tad Worse: Shin-Soo Choo Done For The Year
It’s been a rough an injury-riddled season for the Texas Rangers. Rough might even be an understatement. Let’s go with brutal. Prince Fielder got knocked out for the year following neck surgery. Jurickson Profar didn’t even get to take an at-bat because of a torn shoulder muscle. Martin Perez, Tanner Scheppers, Matt Harrison and Alexi Ogando are all out for the season.
One of the bright spots for the Rangers this year has been Yu Darvish, but fans probably won’t even get to see him again this season, as general manager Jon Daniels basically said on the radio Monday that it was unlikely he pitches again this season. Then hours later, even more bad news.
Shin-Soo Choo will miss rest of season and will have surgery to remove bone spur from left elbow. Goes on DL and OF Michael Choice recalled.
— John Blake (@RangerBlake) August 25, 2014
All of the sad trombones for Texas. It’s pretty easy to see why they own the worst record in baseball at 50-72. They’ve used the most players in baseball this season, closing in on 70 — already an MLB record.
Image via Getty
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Jets Unsuccessfully Attempt to Convince Superfan to Return to Games
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy