- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- Meet The World's Most Moronic Douche Bro: This UC Santa Barbara Fan
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Barry Zito Jammed With Metallica Today (But Sergio Romo Had To Finish)
Screw you Barry Zito. Your pitching resurgence and 2012 World Series ring have made me have to throw out a year’s worth of Zito Sucks jokes. They were lovingly crafted over five seasons of your suckitide: now worthless.
As if to mock my pain, Zito went over to Metallica headquarters today and jammed with the band. James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich & Co. are based in the SF Bay Area (San Rafael), and since Barry is well known for his guitar talents, they got together in advance of the Giants’ Metallica Night on Friday. I’m going: anyone want anything?
So MLB.com did a little mini-documentary about it, somehow tying Zito’s resurgence and character to Metallica’s talent and longevity. Tenuous comparisons, I know, but just enjoy the music and it will all be fine. Here’s how confident the Giants are about filling their ballpark: they’ve scheduled Metallica Night on a Friday when the Dodgers are in town. Good luck finding cheap tickets.
- John Fox The Sixth Head Coach To Lead Two Franchises To Super Bowl
- Will There Ever Be Another Tony Gonzalez?
- Trade Bait: The Fate of Chris Johnson
- 2014 NFL Draft: Top 5 Running Back Prospects