- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Teamwork: Dad Holds Up Kid, Kid Makes Awesome Foul Ball Catch
Sadly, when I think of “father/child catching foul ball” moments at baseball games, my mind first heads to this moment. While I can’t blame someone for going all-out to catch a foul ball – how many chances will you have to do that at a major league game? – dropping your kid to do it? Not cool. So whenever I see a father/child fou-ball-catching moment highlighted, I’m worried another dispiriting dad moment is on the way. Which is why when I saw this:
…my heart grew three sizes that day (i.e. this day). And now it’s almost normal-sized. The fact that they were Reds fans in Yankee Stadium (what are the odds it goes to them?), the fact that it was Joey Votto hitting it, the brilliance of the father-son team-up: that’s excellent stuff. Perhaps that kid will one day grow up to be this guy?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts