- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- Snow Day! Highlights From Around Today's Frozen NFL Venues
- Adrian Peterson Carted Off Field With Appparent Ankle Injury: Will Not Return (UPDATE)
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Former WWE Wrestler/Commentator Implies World Series Was Fixed Due To Boston Marathon Bombings
On one hand, who better to have an opinion on rigged sporting events than a pro wrestler? On the other hand: who more likely to try and promote himself with loud nonsense than a pro wrestler?
Actually Matt Striker (real name Matthew Kaye) is a former pro wrestler, having performed for the WWE from 2005 to earlier this year. He’s now on the independent circuit, and is also a former pro wrestling broadcaster. Anyway, on Tuesday this happened on his Twitter account:
Meaning that the World Series was rigged for the Red Sox. Yeah, because that obstruction play at third and the pickoff play at first were totally staged, right?
Not world-bending news when a pro wrestler makes loud noises, to be sure. (And the tweet is now gone from his timeline). But some folks seem a bit irked. And others agree with him.
Did you really just say the World Series was rigged because of the tragedy in Boston? Are you dumb? #BostonStrong
— Jennifer Winters (@jennheartscheer) October 31, 2013
the World Series is definitely rigged because the US wins practically every year
— Robyn McInnis (@robyn_roboo) October 31, 2013
Yes. The World Series is rigged because of the bombings. Also the entire season was rigged to give us 97 wins and put us in first place…
— Jackie Hall (@Jackie_Hall27) October 31, 2013
Here are some folks who appear to agree with him … unless there’s some irony here I’m missing.
The World Series was probably rigged so Boston would win just cause they had that tragedy earlier this year.
— Krystina Koepnick❊ (@krystinaamber) October 31, 2013
— PinchingAbe (@PinchingAbe) October 31, 2013
I'm 99% sure my dad was right and the World Series was rigged this year.
— Brittany Phelan (@BrittanyPhelan) October 31, 2013
Of course, conspiracy theories in baseball are nothing new …
What a surprise Japan won the little league World Series #rigged
— Alex Freker (@afreker21) August 25, 2013
- Filed Under:
- world series
- Manny Pacquiao Says He's Back
- Brian Wilson Refuses to Shave Beard, Yankees Move On
- Were The 49ers (Sort Of) Robbed?
- Devon Alexander Ripped and Ready For Showtime