- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Great Lincoln’s Mullet! Tennis Stadium Springs Up In The Middle Of Left Field At Petco Park
This looks Photoshopped, but nope: it was taken from a helicopter above San Diego’s Petco Park on Tuesday night. Won’t the British be impressed when they arrive for the Davis Cup.
— Sporting News (@sportingnews) January 29, 2014
“This is one of the most unique and beautiful tennis settings I think we’ll experience in our lifetime,” Courier said Tuesday at Petco Park. “This is spectacular to be able to be in this ballpark and just have an incredible tennis facility pop up out of nowhere.
“It’s going to be special not only for us playing, but I think for the spectators that get to come and experience it, too. It’s going to be one that we’ll all look back on hopefully fondly because we’ll have won, but certainly the experience of playing here in San Diego will be a special one.”
Well if it really did “pop out of nowhere”, that would really be something. More likely a lot of people took the time to build it.
And it would be a shame to tear it down after all that work. Couldn’t we leave it there, and have teams position their left fielders inside?
- Filed Under:
- Davis Cup
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce