- To Be Fair, 31 NFL Teams Probably Agree With Tony Dungy's Take On Michael Sam
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Does FIFA Have The Balls To Revoke Russia's 2018 World Cup And Give It To A More Deserving Host?
- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Great Lincoln’s Mullet! Tennis Stadium Springs Up In The Middle Of Left Field At Petco Park
This looks Photoshopped, but nope: it was taken from a helicopter above San Diego’s Petco Park on Tuesday night. Won’t the British be impressed when they arrive for the Davis Cup.
— Sporting News (@sportingnews) January 29, 2014
“This is one of the most unique and beautiful tennis settings I think we’ll experience in our lifetime,” Courier said Tuesday at Petco Park. “This is spectacular to be able to be in this ballpark and just have an incredible tennis facility pop up out of nowhere.
“It’s going to be special not only for us playing, but I think for the spectators that get to come and experience it, too. It’s going to be one that we’ll all look back on hopefully fondly because we’ll have won, but certainly the experience of playing here in San Diego will be a special one.”
Well if it really did “pop out of nowhere”, that would really be something. More likely a lot of people took the time to build it.
And it would be a shame to tear it down after all that work. Couldn’t we leave it there, and have teams position their left fielders inside?
- Filed Under:
- Davis Cup
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row
- Frenkie Edgar Slams B.J. Penn Seeks New Matches
- Switch Jab to Flying Knee is Technique of the Week