- The LFL Continues Its Quest To Be The Favorite Sport Of Douchebags
- Three Bizarre Sports From The Commonwealth Games
- Judge Rules Against Donald Sterling, Allows Sale Of Clippers To Steve Ballmer
- Point-Counterpoint: David Ortiz's Showboating Bat Flip Vs. The Rays
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Great Lincoln’s Mullet! Tennis Stadium Springs Up In The Middle Of Left Field At Petco Park
This looks Photoshopped, but nope: it was taken from a helicopter above San Diego’s Petco Park on Tuesday night. Won’t the British be impressed when they arrive for the Davis Cup.
— Sporting News (@sportingnews) January 29, 2014
“This is one of the most unique and beautiful tennis settings I think we’ll experience in our lifetime,” Courier said Tuesday at Petco Park. “This is spectacular to be able to be in this ballpark and just have an incredible tennis facility pop up out of nowhere.
“It’s going to be special not only for us playing, but I think for the spectators that get to come and experience it, too. It’s going to be one that we’ll all look back on hopefully fondly because we’ll have won, but certainly the experience of playing here in San Diego will be a special one.”
Well if it really did “pop out of nowhere”, that would really be something. More likely a lot of people took the time to build it.
And it would be a shame to tear it down after all that work. Couldn’t we leave it there, and have teams position their left fielders inside?
- Filed Under:
- Davis Cup
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'