- Flop Life: Buy Vlade Divac's Fantastic Modern Home In Southern California
- Raptors Bringing Back Old-School Jerseys Next Season
- Todd McShay Is Convinced That The Texans Aren't Taking Johnny Manziel
- Presenting The Portland Raiders: Everyone In The Black Hole Will Wear Flannel
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Great Lincoln’s Mullet! Tennis Stadium Springs Up In The Middle Of Left Field At Petco Park
This looks Photoshopped, but nope: it was taken from a helicopter above San Diego’s Petco Park on Tuesday night. Won’t the British be impressed when they arrive for the Davis Cup.
— Sporting News (@sportingnews) January 29, 2014
“This is one of the most unique and beautiful tennis settings I think we’ll experience in our lifetime,” Courier said Tuesday at Petco Park. “This is spectacular to be able to be in this ballpark and just have an incredible tennis facility pop up out of nowhere.
“It’s going to be special not only for us playing, but I think for the spectators that get to come and experience it, too. It’s going to be one that we’ll all look back on hopefully fondly because we’ll have won, but certainly the experience of playing here in San Diego will be a special one.”
Well if it really did “pop out of nowhere”, that would really be something. More likely a lot of people took the time to build it.
And it would be a shame to tear it down after all that work. Couldn’t we leave it there, and have teams position their left fielders inside?
- Filed Under:
- Davis Cup
- The Top American Winter Olympians
- NFL Breaks 65-Year-Old Scoring Record in 2013
- Legacy Lost: Patriots Overmatched by Manning and the Denver Broncos
- Colin Kaepernick Self-Destructs In Fourth Quarter As 49ers Lose