- Pretty Much Screwed: Why Your Team Won't Win The 2014 NBA Championship
- Here's How You Improve Golf's TV Ratings: More Mind-Blowing Trick Shots
- Best Job In Sports? Probably Michelle Jenneke's Butt-Masseuser
- A Formula 1 Pit Stop In 1950 Vs. Today's Is Pretty Damn Cool
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Great Lincoln’s Mullet! Tennis Stadium Springs Up In The Middle Of Left Field At Petco Park
This looks Photoshopped, but nope: it was taken from a helicopter above San Diego’s Petco Park on Tuesday night. Won’t the British be impressed when they arrive for the Davis Cup.
— Sporting News (@sportingnews) January 29, 2014
“This is one of the most unique and beautiful tennis settings I think we’ll experience in our lifetime,” Courier said Tuesday at Petco Park. “This is spectacular to be able to be in this ballpark and just have an incredible tennis facility pop up out of nowhere.
“It’s going to be special not only for us playing, but I think for the spectators that get to come and experience it, too. It’s going to be one that we’ll all look back on hopefully fondly because we’ll have won, but certainly the experience of playing here in San Diego will be a special one.”
Well if it really did “pop out of nowhere”, that would really be something. More likely a lot of people took the time to build it.
And it would be a shame to tear it down after all that work. Couldn’t we leave it there, and have teams position their left fielders inside?
- Filed Under:
- Davis Cup
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.