- Injuries to Green, Charles & RGIII Exact Their Toll
- Who Screwed The Jets Harder Yesterday: The Officials, Or The Jets?
- The Crotch-Grab Incident: Jonathan Papelbon Ejected For Adjusting His Cup
- Carmelo Anthony: 'Ain't Nobody' Would Want To Play For The Atlanta Hawks
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
How Weird Was It When The Red Sox Honored Mariano Rivera?
Before the Red Sox finished bludgeoning the slim Wild Card hopes out of the Yankees last night, they took some time to do what so many other MLB teams have done this year: honor Mariano Rivera. It’s a little different this time because, if you hadn’t heard, the Yankees and Red Sox don’t like each other a whole lot.
It was impossible for the Red Sox not to note this, of course, and spent about half of the commemoration roasting Rivera for blowing a save in the 2004 ALCS and introducing their own players (“David Ortiz! Dustin Pedroia! Jon Lester! Koji Uehara!”). But it would have been weird for them to act like Rivera didn’t play for the team’s longest and most bitter rival, so, all in all, a fitting tribute.
Here’s the entire thing:
When even your enemies have to admit that you’re awesome, you know you must be, well, awesome.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Top 10 Most Gruesome MMA Leg Injuries
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship