- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
How Weird Was It When The Red Sox Honored Mariano Rivera?
Before the Red Sox finished bludgeoning the slim Wild Card hopes out of the Yankees last night, they took some time to do what so many other MLB teams have done this year: honor Mariano Rivera. It’s a little different this time because, if you hadn’t heard, the Yankees and Red Sox don’t like each other a whole lot.
It was impossible for the Red Sox not to note this, of course, and spent about half of the commemoration roasting Rivera for blowing a save in the 2004 ALCS and introducing their own players (“David Ortiz! Dustin Pedroia! Jon Lester! Koji Uehara!”). But it would have been weird for them to act like Rivera didn’t play for the team’s longest and most bitter rival, so, all in all, a fitting tribute.
Here’s the entire thing:
When even your enemies have to admit that you’re awesome, you know you must be, well, awesome.
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions