- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
How Weird Was It When The Red Sox Honored Mariano Rivera?
Before the Red Sox finished bludgeoning the slim Wild Card hopes out of the Yankees last night, they took some time to do what so many other MLB teams have done this year: honor Mariano Rivera. It’s a little different this time because, if you hadn’t heard, the Yankees and Red Sox don’t like each other a whole lot.
It was impossible for the Red Sox not to note this, of course, and spent about half of the commemoration roasting Rivera for blowing a save in the 2004 ALCS and introducing their own players (“David Ortiz! Dustin Pedroia! Jon Lester! Koji Uehara!”). But it would have been weird for them to act like Rivera didn’t play for the team’s longest and most bitter rival, so, all in all, a fitting tribute.
Here’s the entire thing:
When even your enemies have to admit that you’re awesome, you know you must be, well, awesome.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success