- HOUSTON SPROCKETS: Minimalist MLB, NHL, And NBA Logos Are Good Design
- Greek Soccer Fans Surround Stadium With Ring Of Flares, Awesomeness Ensues (VIDEO)
- Derrick Rose Looks A Lot Like LeBron James Now
- Fantasy Baseball: Is Miguel Cabrera Healthy?
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
How Weird Was It When The Red Sox Honored Mariano Rivera?
Before the Red Sox finished bludgeoning the slim Wild Card hopes out of the Yankees last night, they took some time to do what so many other MLB teams have done this year: honor Mariano Rivera. It’s a little different this time because, if you hadn’t heard, the Yankees and Red Sox don’t like each other a whole lot.
It was impossible for the Red Sox not to note this, of course, and spent about half of the commemoration roasting Rivera for blowing a save in the 2004 ALCS and introducing their own players (“David Ortiz! Dustin Pedroia! Jon Lester! Koji Uehara!”). But it would have been weird for them to act like Rivera didn’t play for the team’s longest and most bitter rival, so, all in all, a fitting tribute.
Here’s the entire thing:
When even your enemies have to admit that you’re awesome, you know you must be, well, awesome.
- Controversy Hits The MMA Ring
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed