- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
[UPDATED] Iconic NESN Red Sox Announcer’s Weird Juice Head Son Arrested For Stabbing His Girlfriend To Death
Jerry Remy is about as “red” a Red Sox as they come. He’s from Fall River, Massachusetts. He played 6 seasons for them in the late 70′s/early 80′s. And, alongside Don Orsillo, he’s been in the booth covering games as a color analyst for 36 years. Beloved. His son — not so much. Jared Remy has “a violent criminal history, including a total of 15 criminal charges since 1998, Waltham court records show.” Sound bad? It just got way, way worse. Now this madness:
Via The New York Post: The son of longtime Boston Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy pleaded not guilty yesterday to fatally stabbing his girlfriend a day after he was released from custody for allegedly assaulting her.
Not to unnecessarily tie this in with the flavor of month, but steroids play some small role in this whole thing, as well. According to the New York Post, “Jared Remy…was fired by the team in 2008 during a steroid investigation.” Sounds ridiculous, but just look at pictures of this guy. Swollen, crazy looking. Ya, sounds about right for a juice pusher (based on what we know about BioGenesis douchemaster general Anthony Bosch, at least).
Remy is taking a leave of absence, as NESN reports that Dennis Eckersley will be filling in for him until further notice. Here’s the network’s rather brief statement regarding the tragedy: “This morning, we learned of a terrible tragedy. All of us at NESN and the Red Sox, along with Jerry Remy, are filled with grief for everyone involved, and we extend our deepest sympathies to the family of Jennifer Martel.”
UPDATE: Jerry Remy released a statement via Twitter addressing this tragic, life altering event.
The following link presents a statement of my wife's and my feelings after this week's tragedy-Jerry pic.twitter.com/uoKVGgPBAJ
— Jerry Remy (RemDawg) (@Jerry_Remy) August 17, 2013
[Photo via The New York Post]
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts