- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
John Lackey Gives Up A Babe Ruth Autographed Ball To Pat Neshek For His Jersey Number
We’ve heard for years about when a veteran player gets traded from one team to another, how they’ll pay a certain amount of cash to the nobody on their new team that has the good luck of wearing the same jersey number. But John Lackey took it a step further, handing over a baseball autographed by Babe Ruth to reliever Pat Neshek, who apparently was happy to give up his jersey No. 41.
Huge Thanks to John Lackey for the incredible gift for changing my uni # pic.twitter.com/SFnuTh2d7x
— Pat Neshek (@PatNeshek) August 20, 2014
Also, I find it a little ironic that this baseball was likely originally purchased buy Lackey with part of the $82.5 million contract he signed with the Red Sox back before the 2010 season. He never won more than 14 games for Boston, and he finished with a 47-43 record in his five seasons there.
Yet, he forked over a ball signed by a player that had haunted that franchise for over 85 years.
Pat Neshek and I think that’s pretty cool.
I wonder what the team manager got that had to sew the new names on the different jerseys?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts