- The Vikings Are The Most Dysfunctional NFL Franchise Of This Century
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- ESPN: Ray Rice Scandal Was A Case Of "Misdirection" And "Scant Investigation"
- We Thought Ticketmaster Was Screwing Us, But Now We Know It
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
John Lackey Gives Up A Babe Ruth Autographed Ball To Pat Neshek For His Jersey Number
We’ve heard for years about when a veteran player gets traded from one team to another, how they’ll pay a certain amount of cash to the nobody on their new team that has the good luck of wearing the same jersey number. But John Lackey took it a step further, handing over a baseball autographed by Babe Ruth to reliever Pat Neshek, who apparently was happy to give up his jersey No. 41.
Huge Thanks to John Lackey for the incredible gift for changing my uni # pic.twitter.com/SFnuTh2d7x
— Pat Neshek (@PatNeshek) August 20, 2014
Also, I find it a little ironic that this baseball was likely originally purchased buy Lackey with part of the $82.5 million contract he signed with the Red Sox back before the 2010 season. He never won more than 14 games for Boston, and he finished with a 47-43 record in his five seasons there.
Yet, he forked over a ball signed by a player that had haunted that franchise for over 85 years.
Pat Neshek and I think that’s pretty cool.
I wonder what the team manager got that had to sew the new names on the different jerseys?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts