- Rams Coach Blows Up Tony Dungy's 'Michael Sam Is A Distraction' Theory
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star,James Rodriguez
- Could The Entire Clippers Team Quit If Donald Sterling Remains The Owner?
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Did Jon Lester Have Vaseline In His Glove Last Night? (UPDATE: MLB Has Responded)
During last night’s 8-1 World Series Game 1 victory for the Boston Red Sox over the St. Louis Cardinals, Cardinals’ minor league pitcher Tyler Melling tweeted out that he thought Jon Lester had Vaseline in his glove, and now a conspiracy theory has been birthed.
Jon Lester using a little Vaseline inside the glove tonight? pic.twitter.com/IyQn2iqg5f
— Tyler Melling (@TylerMelling) October 24, 2013
So, I guess he’s talking about that little discoloration, that looks a little greenish? It could be Vaseline. I’m no expert.
And this sure looks like he’s rubbing something on the ball in the seventh inning.
No definitive evidence, but that’s enough to make me skeptical. Sadly, I doubt we’ll ever get to the bottom of this. We’ll keep you posted if anything else comes out.
What do you guys think?
UPDATE: MLB has responded.
“We cannot draw any conclusions from this video,” the official said, according to WEEI.com’s Alex Speier. “There were no complaints from the Cardinals and the umpires never detected anything indicating a foreign substance throughout the game.
The official added that baseballs potentially being doctored is “an issue we always monitor anyway,” but it sounded like there will be no formal investigation since neither the Cardinals nor the umpiring crew raised any concerns about it.
- Filed Under:
- jon lester
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row