- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Carolina Panthers Season Preview
- Calvin Johnson Won't Be This Year's Top Receiver And 9 Other Bold Fantasy Predictions
- Josh Shaw May Have Made Up That Heroism Story: USC Investigating
- The 9 Sexiest Tennis Players At The 2014 US Open You've Never Heard Of
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Did Jon Lester Have Vaseline In His Glove Last Night? (UPDATE: MLB Has Responded)
During last night’s 8-1 World Series Game 1 victory for the Boston Red Sox over the St. Louis Cardinals, Cardinals’ minor league pitcher Tyler Melling tweeted out that he thought Jon Lester had Vaseline in his glove, and now a conspiracy theory has been birthed.
Jon Lester using a little Vaseline inside the glove tonight? pic.twitter.com/IyQn2iqg5f
— Tyler Melling (@TylerMelling) October 24, 2013
So, I guess he’s talking about that little discoloration, that looks a little greenish? It could be Vaseline. I’m no expert.
And this sure looks like he’s rubbing something on the ball in the seventh inning.
No definitive evidence, but that’s enough to make me skeptical. Sadly, I doubt we’ll ever get to the bottom of this. We’ll keep you posted if anything else comes out.
What do you guys think?
UPDATE: MLB has responded.
“We cannot draw any conclusions from this video,” the official said, according to WEEI.com’s Alex Speier. “There were no complaints from the Cardinals and the umpires never detected anything indicating a foreign substance throughout the game.
The official added that baseballs potentially being doctored is “an issue we always monitor anyway,” but it sounded like there will be no formal investigation since neither the Cardinals nor the umpiring crew raised any concerns about it.
- Filed Under:
- jon lester
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Chael Sonnen Receives 2-Year Suspension
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ