- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Jonny Gomes’ Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: ‘Boston Strong’
Even as a Yankee fan, this clip is incredibly moving. Gomes — like Damon and Ramirez before him — personified the carefree Red Sox mentality, no better illustrated than by those beers he punted into the stands after clinching a postseason birth. Even though his stay in Boston was short (a season-and-a-half), it was during the most profound period in the city’s history since the British occupation.
That’s why it’s got to be hard to see a guy like Gomes, whom the city rallied around after the Boston Marathon bombing, walk away at the trade deadline. Luckily he didn’t have to do it in the middle of a game. Watch as he gives his final interview as a member of the Boston Red Sox before heading back to his original team (and home state) in Oakland.
(The final 20 seconds are the best.)
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts