- Greg Anthony On CNN: It's 'Your Opinion' That Adrian Peterson Is Guilty
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Hawaii Mansion On The Market For $5.9 Million, Has Very High Door Frames
- 7 Shitty Things That Happened, Or Didn't Happen, In Fantasy Football: Week 2
- Colin Kaepernick Denies Saying Anything For Landmark 'Inappropriate Language' Penalty
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Josh Hamilton’s Wife Called The Cops Because Rangers Fans Were Going Buckwild Around Her Kids
Human interest story and recent free agent acquisition Josh Hamilton returned to Arlington Friday to face the team who took a chance on him when he was down on his luck. He went 0-4, was booed mercilessly, and, oh ya, his wife had to call the cops because fans were shouting profanities at her in front of her kids. Big surprise there. Josh was cool about it though, until he made it about God. Then it just gets confusing, which, given how he’s conducted himself, isn’t all that surprising that he’s a bit vexed on the whole “learning life lessons” front. From USA Today:
“She had to call security just because people were getting ugly…It’s cool to get ragged on about normal things,” Josh Hamilton said, but when you get a little swearing and jawing back at Katie, and saying inappropriate things, it’s a little different story.
Why don’t these ex-players just shell out the $3k for a luxury box and skip all this garbage? On one hand, sure, they want their familes to feel like normal people. But on the other hand, they aren’t normal people, and everyone knows who your wife is. You’re basically asking for a drunk guy to shout nasty stuff at her. Oh, and bring the kids, great idea. That’s like George W. Bush letting his family hang out at the protest of a French G-8 Summit. Lo and behold, Hamilton knew something to this effect would happen.
“They were saying personal stuff, stuff that was inappropriate with kids around. It’s a good lesson for the kids, just about people in general, and not putting faith in them, but the man upstairs.”
I’m sorry, but what kind of ass-backwards logic is that? Ok, so you put your faith in God and not people. Fine. But you put your faith in people acting like assholes to teach your kids to not put their faith in people? Seriously. It’s like having your kids grab the family cat by the tail to make the point animals can scratch you. Ya, if you’re asking for it! Besides, he had to know fans would recognize his wife. What, with her expensive box seats and haircut that looks like Storm from the X-Men cartoon — she’s hard to miss. Here’s a fan’s view of on of Josh’s hostile/futile at-bats.
Photo Via Getty, H/T USA Today
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- WWE Divas Rosa Mendes and Eva Marie's Sexy Videos!
- KO of the Week: Palomino v Macaco