- Meet Joakim Noah's Father, Who Is Definitely Joakim Noah's Father
- Wichita State Lost The MVC Title Game, According To Their Own Shirts
- A Light At The End Of The Nerd Tunnel: Nate Silver Declares Start Date For FiveThirtyEight Site
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Rubs Your Butt
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Meanwhile, In McCovey Cove, Mascot Paddleboard Races (Ironically, It’s The Shark That Almost Drowns)
For the uninitiated, please note that just about every member of the San Francisco Giants has a spirit animal. Brandon Belt’s nickname is The Giraffe, Nick Noonan The Gopher, Matt Cain The Horse, and it goes on and on. So when you see guys dressed as an angel, a shark and a panda out on McCovey Cove, you know they’re depicting Angel Pagan, Gregor Blanco and Pablo Sandoval, respectively.
The Washington Nationals have the Presidents’ Race, the Brewers the Sausage Races, and the Giants have this. Place your bets.
Luckily the shark is OK. What kind of obituary would that have been?
This belongs in the rankings below, but I’m not sure where to put it. The Top Ten Weird Happenings in McCovey Cove:
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager