- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Meanwhile, In McCovey Cove, Mascot Paddleboard Races (Ironically, It’s The Shark That Almost Drowns)
For the uninitiated, please note that just about every member of the San Francisco Giants has a spirit animal. Brandon Belt’s nickname is The Giraffe, Nick Noonan The Gopher, Matt Cain The Horse, and it goes on and on. So when you see guys dressed as an angel, a shark and a panda out on McCovey Cove, you know they’re depicting Angel Pagan, Gregor Blanco and Pablo Sandoval, respectively.
The Washington Nationals have the Presidents’ Race, the Brewers the Sausage Races, and the Giants have this. Place your bets.
Luckily the shark is OK. What kind of obituary would that have been?
This belongs in the rankings below, but I’m not sure where to put it. The Top Ten Weird Happenings in McCovey Cove:
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story