- The 19 Best MLB Uniform & Logo Changes To Look Forward To This Season
- Pikachu Chosen To Represent Japan At The 2014 World Cup
- Know Your NCAA Tourney Mid-Majors: The Harvard University Dancing Afflecks
- Off The Grid: Adam Schefter's Phone, Finding Out Bad News On Twitter And MLS Fans
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Meanwhile, In McCovey Cove, Mascot Paddleboard Races (Ironically, It’s The Shark That Almost Drowns)
For the uninitiated, please note that just about every member of the San Francisco Giants has a spirit animal. Brandon Belt’s nickname is The Giraffe, Nick Noonan The Gopher, Matt Cain The Horse, and it goes on and on. So when you see guys dressed as an angel, a shark and a panda out on McCovey Cove, you know they’re depicting Angel Pagan, Gregor Blanco and Pablo Sandoval, respectively.
The Washington Nationals have the Presidents’ Race, the Brewers the Sausage Races, and the Giants have this. Place your bets.
Luckily the shark is OK. What kind of obituary would that have been?
This belongs in the rankings below, but I’m not sure where to put it. The Top Ten Weird Happenings in McCovey Cove:
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Inside The Tragic Death of Antonio Cermeno
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story