- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- A TV Station Confused Nelson Mandela With A-Rod
- Magic Johnson Discussing His Pre-HIV Sex Life With Oprah Is Unnerving
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Meanwhile, In McCovey Cove, Mascot Paddleboard Races (Ironically, It’s The Shark That Almost Drowns)
For the uninitiated, please note that just about every member of the San Francisco Giants has a spirit animal. Brandon Belt’s nickname is The Giraffe, Nick Noonan The Gopher, Matt Cain The Horse, and it goes on and on. So when you see guys dressed as an angel, a shark and a panda out on McCovey Cove, you know they’re depicting Angel Pagan, Gregor Blanco and Pablo Sandoval, respectively.
The Washington Nationals have the Presidents’ Race, the Brewers the Sausage Races, and the Giants have this. Place your bets.
Luckily the shark is OK. What kind of obituary would that have been?
This belongs in the rankings below, but I’m not sure where to put it. The Top Ten Weird Happenings in McCovey Cove:
- The Least Classy Fans in Football
- Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Hopkins Boxes And Battles Murat To Unanimous Decision
- Manny Pacquiao Eyes Revenge Return Bouts With Marquez, Bradley