- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colbert On Husain Abdullah's Wrongly Penalized TD Prayer
- 10 More Reasons You Should Try The Diet LeBron James Used To Lose Weight
- Week 5 Survivor Pool: 3 Locks, 2 Values And An Upset Special
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Miami Marlins End Showtime Reality Series Early Because They Stink
While HBO’s Hard Knocks might be dominating the headlines in terms of sports-centric reality television shows, Showtime has also been airing The Franchise: A Season With the Miami Marlins.
Well, they were.
Amid a horrendous 2012 campaign — a 2012 campaign that many thought would go a lot better than it actually did — the Marlins decided to end the show earlier than scheduled. Team President David Samson texted the Palm Beach Post to confirm the decision.
“There was an option to do more but given the state of our season, it was decided that the original 8 would suffice.”
The team had a contract with Showtime to complete eight episodes, which was met because of a special preview episode that aired after Ozzie Guillen made his controversial remarks about Fidel Castro. When things aren’t going well, it’s probably not fun to have a bunch of camera crews following you around to broadcast to the world just how not-well things are going.
- Mayweather Jr. and Pacquiao: Robert Garcia Breaks it Down
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Myles Jury Knocked Out a Legend