- SIR CHARLES IN CHARGE: The 14 Best #NBASitcoms
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Let's Play 'Find Everyone On The Clippers A New Team To Play For'
- Did Rays' Pitcher Joel Peralta Contract A Mosquito-Borne Tropical Illness?
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Marlins Fans Would (Unsurprisingly) Rather Have An Unsavory $5 Pizza Than Marlins Tickets
What’s worse than below average, chain-delivery-shop pizza? Miami Marlins tickets.
The fine folks at WPLG in Miami put this together as a response to Big League Stew’s seemingly sarcastic, but actually realistic inquiry of whether fans would prefer a Little Caesar’s $5 pizza to Miami Marlins tickets. The results aren’t a surprise, given that pizza sucks in Florida and that the instant gratification of cheap, greasy food will trump the promise of a future baseball game, to many Americans. That is especially the case when the team in question is the Marlins. A Yankees fan likely would’ve had a different answer given his team’s willingness to spend money and the quality of available pizza in New York, but it should be noted that fans of better teams than the Marlins might have the same answer. They were setting the Marlins up to fail.
But when given an opportunity to embarrass Jeffrey Loria, you must take advantage. Kudos to all involved, because Jeffrey Loria is the worst.
- Filed Under:
- miami marlins
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Mehmen Destroys Gracie in Epic KO
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?