- The NFL Will Be A Lot Less Pink This October, Says Sporting Goods Insider
- It's Up To Adrian Peterson's Viking Teammates To Save His Minnesota Career
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 3 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Fight Church Bout Ends In Double Knockout With Simultaneous Shots To The Nuts
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Here’s The Alleged Miami Marlins Logo That’s Actually Making People Talk About The Marlins
It seems that the Florida Marlins, in addition to becoming the Miami Marlins when they move into their new stadium next year, will do some re-branding on the logo (and presumably uniform) front as well. What you see above was recently tweeted by Marlins blogger Fish At Bat. It’s apparently legit, though another Marlins blogger is saying it’s this one. (Awfully close, which leaves me with little doubt this logo is essentially the real deal.) There’s been some strong (mostly negative) reaction, including from within the SportsGrid ranks. And so allow me to open myself up to potential ridicule and say: is this really so bad?
As a matter of fact, I actually like the one above better than the linked logo with the green/blue/orange color scheme. Yeah, I guess there’s a Miami Vice element to it, but the blue isn’t that neon. That combination of blue and orange with a limited amount of the yellow could, I think, produce something interesting uniform-wise (or just the Oklahoma City Thunder). And you know what? The color scheme in the other version presented could work, too, though I’d prefer to see the blue and green switched there.
Either way: not feeling the freakout, and if anything, like the boldness of these colors. Let me know what you think, dear readers, and maybe I just have horrible taste: I’d be thrilled if the Marlins went back to this for caps/helmets. (UPDATE: SportsGrid’s resident Floridian Tim Burke chimes in with, “I like it too. Even if it does look like Whataburger. Because I like Whataburger.” Hey, whatever works.)
- Filed Under:
- Florida Marlins
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row