- To Be Fair, 31 NFL Teams Probably Agree With Tony Dungy's Take On Michael Sam
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Does FIFA Have The Balls To Revoke Russia's 2018 World Cup And Give It To A More Deserving Host?
- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Miss California Threw Out The First Pitch In High Heels At The Padres Game On Monday
It’s an all-out invasion of our nation’s MLB parks by beauty pageant winners lately, and we approve. Last week Miss Miami sung the National Anthem at a Marlins game. Then on Monday, Mabelynn Capeluj (Miss California USA) and Cassidy Wolf (Miss California Teen USA) threw tandem first pitches at the Cardinals-Padres game at Petco Park.
Degree of difficulty: high, because Capeluj was wearing high heels, and Wolf was sporting clogs.
That had disaster written all over it, but Capeluj actually threw a strike. Her velocity needs work, but to my knowledge she becomes the first person in history to throw a strike while wearing high heels at an MLB stadium. Although we don’t know what A-Rod does in his off hours.
Wolf’s delivery was less impressive, but she didn’t topple over or otherwise make a fool of herself, so cheers to her as well. It could have been much worse.
— Mabelynn Capeluj (@RealMissCAUSA) May 21, 2013
— Mabelynn Capeluj (@MabelynnCapeluj) May 21, 2013
More Miss California USA in the slideshow below:
Photo: Associated Press.
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row
- Frenkie Edgar Slams B.J. Penn Seeks New Matches
- Switch Jab to Flying Knee is Technique of the Week