- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- The 13 Best Moments From Eli Manning's Epic Reddit AMA
- Johnny Who? Texas A&M Cruises Against South Carolina
- Backup RB Roundup: Carlos Hyde, Devonta Freeman, Knowshon Moreno
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Miss California Threw Out The First Pitch In High Heels At The Padres Game On Monday
It’s an all-out invasion of our nation’s MLB parks by beauty pageant winners lately, and we approve. Last week Miss Miami sung the National Anthem at a Marlins game. Then on Monday, Mabelynn Capeluj (Miss California USA) and Cassidy Wolf (Miss California Teen USA) threw tandem first pitches at the Cardinals-Padres game at Petco Park.
Degree of difficulty: high, because Capeluj was wearing high heels, and Wolf was sporting clogs.
That had disaster written all over it, but Capeluj actually threw a strike. Her velocity needs work, but to my knowledge she becomes the first person in history to throw a strike while wearing high heels at an MLB stadium. Although we don’t know what A-Rod does in his off hours.
Wolf’s delivery was less impressive, but she didn’t topple over or otherwise make a fool of herself, so cheers to her as well. It could have been much worse.
— Mabelynn Capeluj (@RealMissCAUSA) May 21, 2013
— Mabelynn Capeluj (@MabelynnCapeluj) May 21, 2013
More Miss California USA in the slideshow below:
Photo: Associated Press.
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence