- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- This Is Totally Your Year: An Overly Optimistic Preview Of The 2014-15 NFL Season
- The 13 Best Moments From Eli Manning's Epic Reddit AMA
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
MLB Commissioner Bud Selig Isn’t Sure What Year It Is
For three of the first eight picks, presumably until somebody realized and told him to stop, Selig would walk out and announce, “With the _______ pick of the 2000 First-Year Player Draft…”, going on to name the player selected.
The most reasonable explanation is that Selig is reading off of a very old script that was never updated because everyone figured that the commissioner would be intelligent enough to realize it isn’t still 2000. But that isn’t as fun as thinking that Selig is mentally trapped in the year 2000 and in complete denial that the infamous steroid era ever took place.
Perhaps this week’s breaking news in the Biogenesis scandal was the tipping point for Selig to send him back thirteen years to a more happy place. Regardless of the cause, it made for some pretty funny viewing and spiced up an otherwise mundane
2000 2013 MLB Draft.
Check out the video below and decide for yourself.
[h/t Larry Brown Sports]
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar