- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- Angels' SP Garrett Richards Out For Season
- Sleepers Or Snoozers: Fantasy Football Breakout Candidates
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
MLB Commissioner Bud Selig Isn’t Sure What Year It Is
For three of the first eight picks, presumably until somebody realized and told him to stop, Selig would walk out and announce, “With the _______ pick of the 2000 First-Year Player Draft…”, going on to name the player selected.
The most reasonable explanation is that Selig is reading off of a very old script that was never updated because everyone figured that the commissioner would be intelligent enough to realize it isn’t still 2000. But that isn’t as fun as thinking that Selig is mentally trapped in the year 2000 and in complete denial that the infamous steroid era ever took place.
Perhaps this week’s breaking news in the Biogenesis scandal was the tipping point for Selig to send him back thirteen years to a more happy place. Regardless of the cause, it made for some pretty funny viewing and spiced up an otherwise mundane
2000 2013 MLB Draft.
Check out the video below and decide for yourself.
[h/t Larry Brown Sports]
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts