- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Every MLB Team Will Wear Camouflage On Memorial Day, Which Some People Think Is A Dick Move
Memorial Day is next Monday, and there will be 16 MLB games. That means that every team is playing (and there’s a doubleheader)! Reportedly, they’ll all be wearing camouflage uniforms.
At first glance, this sounds great! Right? Well, Paul Lukas of Uni-Watch disagrees, quite strongly.
Memorial Day is not a day for celebrating the military. It’s a day for honoring the military dead. A more appropriate gesture would be an MLB-wide black armband. An even better gesture would be a pregame moment of silence, without anything on the uniform. But as is so often the case nowadays, merchandising and pandering trump common sense.
I’m not really qualified to judge here, but Lukas’s reasoning certainly makes sense.
What do you guys think? Is MLB a bunch of unsympathetic capitalists, a bunch of great pals of our brave, fallen soldiers, or something else? Chime in with comments below, or Tweet us @SportsGrid or me @Mattrud.
The one certainty is that the disembodied bats and gloves floating around will make for great television.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?