- SportsGrid's Week 16 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Painful
- Kanye In Chicago: ♬ We Shoulda Never Let Michael Jordan Play For The Wizards ♬
- The 50 Greatest Sports Moments Of 2013 (VIDEO MONTAGE)
- New Mike Zaun Francesa Parody: WWII
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Every MLB Team Will Wear Camouflage On Memorial Day, Which Some People Think Is A Dick Move
Memorial Day is next Monday, and there will be 16 MLB games. That means that every team is playing (and there’s a doubleheader)! Reportedly, they’ll all be wearing camouflage uniforms.
At first glance, this sounds great! Right? Well, Paul Lukas of Uni-Watch disagrees, quite strongly.
Memorial Day is not a day for celebrating the military. It’s a day for honoring the military dead. A more appropriate gesture would be an MLB-wide black armband. An even better gesture would be a pregame moment of silence, without anything on the uniform. But as is so often the case nowadays, merchandising and pandering trump common sense.
I’m not really qualified to judge here, but Lukas’s reasoning certainly makes sense.
What do you guys think? Is MLB a bunch of unsympathetic capitalists, a bunch of great pals of our brave, fallen soldiers, or something else? Chime in with comments below, or Tweet us @SportsGrid or me @Mattrud.
The one certainty is that the disembodied bats and gloves floating around will make for great television.
- How To Spot Authentic Jerseys
- Top 5 Candidates To Replace Mack Brown As OSU's Head Coach
- Photo: Ohio State Fans Troll Clemson
- Shawn Porter Makes Case For Marcos Maidana Fight