- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
UPDATE: Jim Riggleman Went Drinking After He Quit His Job Yesterday
To paraphrase that guy who just got a site named after him: “It’s not whether you win or lose, it’s how you quit your job” – at least in the case of (now ex-) Washington Nationals manager Jim Riggleman.
Riggleman told general manager Mike Rizzo that if his contract issue wasn’t resolved yesterday, he wasn’t getting on the team bus after the game. And guess what? When his contract wasn’t resolved yesterday, Jim Riggleman didn’t get on the team bus after the game.
The Nationals won yesterday afternoon, 1-0, on a walk-off sacrifice fly by Lance Nix to complete a sweep of the Seattle Mariners. Following the win — Washington’s 11th in 12 games — Riggleman made good on his promise, and promptly resigned. As he told The Washington Post‘s Adam Kilgore:
“I’m 58. I’m too old to be disrespected.”
May this serve as a lesson to us all: old people will indeed follow through on their crazy threats from time to time.
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce