- TOP 13 DUNKS OF 2013-14: Nevada's Deonte Burton Dropped A Yammer
- APOCALYPSE?: A Sports Commissioner Admitted A Mistake And Made Up For It
- Chelsea Handler Claims To Have Talked A Lot Of Shit To A-Rod's Face
- Kirk Cousins Said He'd Welcome Gay Teammate Because 'Nobody's Perfect'
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
UPDATE: Jim Riggleman Went Drinking After He Quit His Job Yesterday
To paraphrase that guy who just got a site named after him: “It’s not whether you win or lose, it’s how you quit your job” – at least in the case of (now ex-) Washington Nationals manager Jim Riggleman.
Riggleman told general manager Mike Rizzo that if his contract issue wasn’t resolved yesterday, he wasn’t getting on the team bus after the game. And guess what? When his contract wasn’t resolved yesterday, Jim Riggleman didn’t get on the team bus after the game.
The Nationals won yesterday afternoon, 1-0, on a walk-off sacrifice fly by Lance Nix to complete a sweep of the Seattle Mariners. Following the win — Washington’s 11th in 12 games — Riggleman made good on his promise, and promptly resigned. As he told The Washington Post‘s Adam Kilgore:
“I’m 58. I’m too old to be disrespected.”
May this serve as a lesson to us all: old people will indeed follow through on their crazy threats from time to time.
- Jim Harbaugh Wearing Out His Welcome in SF?
- NFL Breaks 65-Year-Old Scoring Record in 2013
- Peyton Manning's Record Vs. Every NFL Team
- Legacy Lost: Patriots Overmatched by Manning and the Denver Broncos