- Utah Quarterback Travis Wilson Gets Wrecked Mid-Air And Lands On Head
- NFL Viewing Maps: Broncos At Seahawks, Plus Everything Else
- Lazy Texas A&M Collie Saved From Trampling By Heroic Cadet (Video)
- This One Play Sums Up All Of Saturday's College Football Match-Ups
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
UPDATE: Jim Riggleman Went Drinking After He Quit His Job Yesterday
To paraphrase that guy who just got a site named after him: “It’s not whether you win or lose, it’s how you quit your job” – at least in the case of (now ex-) Washington Nationals manager Jim Riggleman.
Riggleman told general manager Mike Rizzo that if his contract issue wasn’t resolved yesterday, he wasn’t getting on the team bus after the game. And guess what? When his contract wasn’t resolved yesterday, Jim Riggleman didn’t get on the team bus after the game.
The Nationals won yesterday afternoon, 1-0, on a walk-off sacrifice fly by Lance Nix to complete a sweep of the Seattle Mariners. Following the win — Washington’s 11th in 12 games — Riggleman made good on his promise, and promptly resigned. As he told The Washington Post‘s Adam Kilgore:
“I’m 58. I’m too old to be disrespected.”
May this serve as a lesson to us all: old people will indeed follow through on their crazy threats from time to time.
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Brutal Photos: Manny Pacquiao And Chris Algieri Shanghai
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce