- Bullpen Madness: Which Closer Will Lose His Job Next?
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Of Course Craig Sager Is Watching The NBA On TNT From His Hospital Room
- Tim Tebow Spent Easter In The Woods With A Duck Dynasty Guy
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
UPDATE: Jim Riggleman Went Drinking After He Quit His Job Yesterday
To paraphrase that guy who just got a site named after him: “It’s not whether you win or lose, it’s how you quit your job” – at least in the case of (now ex-) Washington Nationals manager Jim Riggleman.
Riggleman told general manager Mike Rizzo that if his contract issue wasn’t resolved yesterday, he wasn’t getting on the team bus after the game. And guess what? When his contract wasn’t resolved yesterday, Jim Riggleman didn’t get on the team bus after the game.
The Nationals won yesterday afternoon, 1-0, on a walk-off sacrifice fly by Lance Nix to complete a sweep of the Seattle Mariners. Following the win — Washington’s 11th in 12 games — Riggleman made good on his promise, and promptly resigned. As he told The Washington Post‘s Adam Kilgore:
“I’m 58. I’m too old to be disrespected.”
May this serve as a lesson to us all: old people will indeed follow through on their crazy threats from time to time.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story