- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- Chargers Fans Make Giant Cutout Of Eli Manning As A Woman
- Snow Day! Highlights From Around Today's Frozen NFL Venues
- As Crazy As It Sounds, The Jaguars Actually Have A Chance Of Making The Playoffs
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
UPDATE: Jim Riggleman Went Drinking After He Quit His Job Yesterday
To paraphrase that guy who just got a site named after him: “It’s not whether you win or lose, it’s how you quit your job” – at least in the case of (now ex-) Washington Nationals manager Jim Riggleman.
Riggleman told general manager Mike Rizzo that if his contract issue wasn’t resolved yesterday, he wasn’t getting on the team bus after the game. And guess what? When his contract wasn’t resolved yesterday, Jim Riggleman didn’t get on the team bus after the game.
The Nationals won yesterday afternoon, 1-0, on a walk-off sacrifice fly by Lance Nix to complete a sweep of the Seattle Mariners. Following the win — Washington’s 11th in 12 games — Riggleman made good on his promise, and promptly resigned. As he told The Washington Post‘s Adam Kilgore:
“I’m 58. I’m too old to be disrespected.”
May this serve as a lesson to us all: old people will indeed follow through on their crazy threats from time to time.
- 24 Hilariously Unfortunate Names In Sports
- Cotto Crushes Rodriguez In Three Rounds
- The Year Of Serena Williams
- Manny Pacquiao Claims He Has No Money